Descent speed

Reaction score
Is there any way to incresse decent speed on p3p. I find it restricts my flight time greatly

I turned off VPS and it seems like mine comes down a bit faster now. That was one thing I hated was the slow rate coming down and after I turned off VPS yesterday I was surprised so I'd like to say it helps but it could just be the liquor playing tricks on me.

Descent rate is intentionally limited to avoid Vortex Ring State where the aircraft descends too rapidly in unstable air and enters a death spiral.

Is there any way to incresse decent speed on p3p. I find it restricts my flight time greatly
You must be flying very high if it's an issue for you.
Descent speed is 3 m/sec and you're stuck with it unless you want to use the CSC method for fast descents.
However that has the undesirable side effect of considerably reducing your subsequent flight times .

He could always practice a CSC restart. It should get the Phantom and his heart rate moving along at a nice clip.

To Pyro: it's a flying camera, not a racing quad.

It might just be me, but if I roll and pitch while descending it seems to descend faster than just coming down vertically.

You must be flying very high if it's an issue for you.
Descent speed is 3 m/sec and you're stuck with it unless you want to use the CSC method for fast descents.
However that has the undesirable side effect of considerably reducing your subsequent flight times .

The beauty of a CSC descent is that it completely negates the risk of entering VRS. :D

Fly in ATTI mode.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

In descent can you pull left stick fully down? Or will this shut off motors? I would like to descend a little faster also but too afraid to use full stick down.

It might just be me, but if I roll and pitch while descending it seems to descend faster than just coming down vertically.
Seems to descend faster isn't the same as descends faster.
Next time you're zooming around check the vertical speed indication in the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl