descent speed

Reaction score
Is there any way to increase the rate of descent? Is there any way to decrease the motor power when the throttle is pulled down all the way to increase the rate of drop a little more?

The only way to decrease the speed/power is by not pushing the stick in the full down position.

Reactions: unclejas
I thought the more "down" the less power. Are you saying just to push it down a little?

Correct.

I'm no expert but on fast descents the quad will move through air that is unstable due to prop wash. This has the affect of decreasing lift and can cause the machine to lose control. The limit that has been set on the product has been calculated to reduce this. However, descending at an angle will greatly enhance stability and maximise rate of descent.

Reactions: reboot81
Fully manual mode takes this limit away. So you can enable naza and set the s1 switch to manual mode instead of failsafe. You can descend as fast as you'd like - including up to 9.8m/s^2. It takes some skill to descend very fast without losing all lift due to VRS. As mentioned descending at an angle greatly helps. I use manual mode to descend rapidly in event of a nearby low flying aircraft.

Reactions: 750r
How does one switch to NAZA mode while flying? Why would one want to fly in this mode? I find the default mode very reliable and stable.

Is there any way to increase the rate of descent? Is there any way to decrease the motor power when the throttle is pulled down all the way to increase the rate of drop a little more?
If you descend into your own prop wash you can get into a vortex ring state situation...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sadly, lack of familiarity with this transition effect killed 22 marines in a V-22, Marana, AZ in 2000, very near to where I live..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why would one want to fly in this mode? I find the default mode very reliable and stable.
IMO manual is true flying you are in 100% control . I remember my first flight with the phantom in GPS it was windy I could not be leave how easy it was it was like having training wheels on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers