Descending to long will course shut off

Reaction score
I find it ridiculous but if you do send and hold the fort was same position for so long it was shot the motors off and you can end up damaging your craft anyone had this problem and no I haven't crashed by descendant fast only do it at a little descent at a time but I'm saying if you hold down your stick straight down your motors will turn off try it with no props on it with props on descending hold leg and your see

Last edited:
If you hold the stick all the way down, the motors will only turn off when the craft has stopped descending ....in the example you give about trying it with no props on, your aircraft is already stationary which is why the motors turn off.

Hi Carlo,

If you are talking about the FC40, then holding the left hand throttle stick down if it is in the air or on the ground will shut off your motors.

This will be immediate if you have that option chosen in the Nasa software.

The FC40 is an early model and Rocky dog is right so far as later models are concerned, but could be wrong but it all depends on the Nasa settings.

Pete

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Hi Carlo,

If you are talking about the FC40, then holding the left hand throttle stick down if it is in the air or on the ground will shut off your motors.

This will be immediate if you have that option chosen in the Nasa software.

The FC40 is an early model and Rocky dog is right so far as later models are concerned, but wrong so far as the FC40 is concerned.

Pete
Sorry for the duff info....I hadn't realised that the early models could have this problem :(

Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Just to make things clearer Rockdog, you could be right, but that depends on what the pilot has selected in the Nasa software. Here is the full info for the different landing modes for the FC40.

Push both sticks to the left bottom or right bottom to start the motors. A different Cut Off Type stops the motor in a different way.

Select the option you want in the Nasa Assistant.

Immediately In any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will stop immediately when throttle stick is back under 10% again. In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in 3 seconds, motors will stop automatically.

Intelligent. In any control mode, only push both sticks to the left or right bottom can stop motors. In ATTI./GPS Mode, any one of following cases will stop motors. (1)You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within 3 seconds. (2)Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing 3 seconds. (3)The slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

Woooooooo I never got a notification on this you guys comments thanks for the information well
I was flying last Saturday
And I came down at an ok speed twice This happen in two different sir flys
One I came down left stick just below left stick throttle
Then all of sudden she came down like tubelance I like F...k
Hit the the floor broke landing legs no bigger I have loads of parts
Second time was the same
Since then I come down slowly
But
I'm worried about this THROOTLE cut off I want to check it in NAZA but not sure where
?
When I start my fc40
I push both sticks down and in \ /
She will start
But if I hold the phantom in my hands instead of landing
And just pull the left stick down after few seconds she will turn off
I'm worried a little every time I descending because the last thing I want is for motors to shut off I've spent slot on my fc4o she is not your typical fc40 custom paint job
Extended range FPV TRANMITTER NOT STANDARD fc4o camera
How ever I'm just worried
Inspection today on one motor I've notice play up and down could that be the problem why twice she came down
Or that's just prop wash well tonght I've balance my carbons lovely little rod from eBay that a guy has made for the phantoms well worth the money . Look forward to a repl y cheers

Just to make things clearer Rockdog, you could be right, but that depends on what the pilot has selected in the Nasa software. Here is the full info for the different landing modes for the FC40.

Push both sticks to the left bottom or right bottom to start the motors. A different Cut Off Type stops the motor in a different way.

Select the option you want in the Nasa Assistant.

Immediately In any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will stop immediately when throttle stick is back under 10% again. In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in 3 seconds, motors will stop automatically.

Intelligent. In any control mode, only push both sticks to the left or right bottom can stop motors. In ATTI./GPS Mode, any one of following cases will stop motors. (1)You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within 3 seconds. (2)Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing 3 seconds. (3)The slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.
In GPS mode if you hold the legs and just pull throttle down the motors do stop
Could be because she thinks she on the ground I just want good informations

Reactions: deltamike
Carlo,

NEVER pull throttle right back in the air. It might stop the motors.

When you have landed pull throttle right back and hold for five seconds to stop motors.

This should work with the FC 40 okay

Pete

Hi yes I know what your saying
Well now when landing I slowly come on the TX stick bring her down at a time bit by bit not fully or in big gaps as I think that's what might of Happen :;
Can't that be disabled tho the option if it's held down for certain time the motors shut off I don not like that .

Yes they not work on landin right holding it down
Or just hold down the TX left stick in not sure if it's meant to be like that I'll look in NAZA

So, does a P3A motors stop while descending with stick held all the way down? I also make slow descents with about 60-70% stick to avoid shutting the motors off.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your have to ask Pete that mate I'm glad you guys are reading my posts like I said I'm sure if you hold that stick down more than enough time it will shut off motors
and all you being shouting is oh Deary me
Lol

So, does a P3A motors stop while descending with stick held all the way down? I also make slow descents with about 60-70% stick to avoid shutting the motors off.

Read posts #2 and#3 above.

This is for FC40? I'm looking for p3

If you read #3 you will see that it confirms that holding the stick down won't kill the motors on later models...ie, anything after the FC 40...until the aircraft has stopped descending.

Carlo- not that bold yet, love my 3, and don't want to be forced to upgrade due to crash

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub