Descend Speed Issue

Reaction score
Sometimes when flying in P or S I notice the drone on full descend only comes down 1-2 feet/s. However if I flick it back between P and S on the controller and then descend again I can get it to come down at 8-10 feet/s.

Anyone know why this is happening or had a similar issue?. I have collision detection set to off

Last edited:
Speed is limited to avoid VRS or Vortex Ring State. Phantom P2s were prone to crashing due to this.
Just remember not to do that descending vertically you need to be moving through clean air.

Sometimes when flying in P or S I notice the drone on full descend only comes down 1-2m/s. However if I flick it back between P and S on the controller and then descend again I can get it to come down at 8-10m/s.
Your numbers don't seem right. Are these the vertical speed shown by the app?
The descent speed from the specs for the P4 are: Max Descent Speed 4 m/s (Sport mode)
In P mode it is probably 3 m/s, the same as the P3.
If your Phantom is descending (vertical speed) at 8 m/s there is something wrong with it.

Wibble, I thought that was a issue corrected when the motors were angled outward on the p4?

Meta4, sorry I meant feet per second.

Guys, after I did a imu calibration on one of my p4's it descends faster to what dji says which is 6-7 mph. However with my 2nd p4 even after the imu it only descends at 1-2mph. Any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj