Descend and lost all Directional Control Help

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Phantom 2 Vision with 3.08 FW and when I descend I lost all directional control. Meaning pressing the down stick on the left and when press right on the Right stick...the Phantom will not go right. However the Quad will continue to descend as input from left stick.

All other control is normal...EXCEPT this.

Have anyone experience this?

Thank you for your help.

Do you have the new remote with the scroll wheel on the top left? If so, then this is normal when the left stick is "locked" down. To maintain control of the bird, you'll need to hold the left stick down, but not locked in.

Hi I have the Older control...which you need to open up to update the FW. I have done all the update and calibrated both the Quad and the Remote. Thanks

Thanks

I think this changed a few revisions ago... About the time DJI limited the decend speeds. Before (with revision 1.07) you could control the travel direction while simultaneously decending.

After the decend speed restriction, the craft would only do one or the other.
Atleast,... That was my experience.

I read this many times and I am still confused. :?
So what I am getting out of this is: If I hold left stick full down, the right stick will do NOTHING? If correct, that sounds like DJI is attempting to get your quad into VRS and crash so you will buy a new one.

You're correct Hf.

But if you don't go below about 10% throttle you'll still have pitch/roll and no real descent speed 'penalty'.

N017RW said:
You're correct Hf.

But if you don't go below about 10% throttle you'll still have pitch/roll and no real descent speed 'penalty'.
Interesting. I have never pulled left stick all the way down so I never ran into this "operation." Maybe thinking of VRS I come down and move in some direction to make sure I don't have any problem and have not pulled left stick to the bottom while still in the air.

When at 10% and in ATTI coming down and going in a medium circle does it maybe come down faster or am I just seeing it that way ?
I seem to get down faster than just full stick back . Maybe just my eye's !

Not sure about this, I have the old controller on a vision, I can pull the stick right down to descend and still pitch and roll, I like coming toward me whilst descending, a kind of diagonal descent flight path.

The older ones might do that but newer ones when you pull left stick all the way down that's all you have but if ya go up just a little you can use both sticks .

I have replaced my controller to a Futaba so it shouldn't have anything to do, electrically, with the controller (Tx) aside from those OEM models that have a mechanical lock at throttle full down.

N017RW said:
I have replaced my controller to a Futaba so it shouldn't have anything to do, electrically, with the controller (Tx) aside from those OEM models that have a mechanical lock at throttle full down.
You can fix that easy tough and did mine as I just didn't care for that lock down .

Hi Crash...can you help see if you Pull the Left Stick all the way down and still have pitch and roll control?

Can you able to descend faster than the default setting?

Thanks.

DennisTheFat said:
Hi Crash...can you help see if you Pull the Left Stick all the way down and still have pitch and roll control?

Can you able to descend faster than the default setting?

Thanks.

You risk losing control with a fast decent through your own propwash. Look up Vortex Ring State.

snowghost said:
You risk losing control with a fast decent through your own propwash. Look up Vortex Ring State.
There is no such thing as a fast descent with any firmware from the last 6 months.
DJI cut descent speed from 6 metres/sec all the way back to a snail's pace 2 m/s to prevent what you're concerned about.
It's quite safe to descend straight down at 2 m/s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4