Demunseed Disses The P3

Are you sure you can send 720p video through 900mhz? I'm pretty sure you cant. Also, the P3 doesn't use wifi, its an OFDM and MIMO system...
Well, they think they can (I didn't come up with the 900 mHz figure). I imagine that they are using spread spectrum / MIMO and / or other modern RF tech to push the data through. It's basically a cost issue - higher speed / quality components cost more. You have to balance that carefully which is why I said it's going to depend more on their engineering chops than anything else.

Yes, I've seen YouTube demonstrations of manual mode speed, but I thought is was more like 38mph. The problem however with the Typhoon is you must start up in manual mode, and there's no switching back to GPS mid flight. You must land, turn off the craft, and start back up again in GPS mode. So if you get outside of VLOS in manual mode, you're screwed getting back. If I remember correctly I don't think RTH will work in manual mode, since GPS is off. With my Phantom I can switch the GPS on and off mid-flight. I just don't get it, why did Yuneec disable the ability to toggle GPS "on the fly". I'm selling the Q500, I hope I can find a buyer.

That does sound correct, can remember for sure but I can say that the Yuneec 4K had the best video yet. Obviously a subjective stat, but just sayin. I would throw that big slow tank on Craigslist, that's how I sold mine.

I was interested in these a year ago when they were launched
Look a little closer ... the Autel (formerly Maxaero) was launched over a year ago but the company never put them in the shops.
They'll sell you a copy of a basic P2 for the price of an Advanced and their higher up models still have no release date and despite costing much more, have less features than the Advanced and Pro.
Autel is offering a competitor for the P2 at a price more than the P3 (if they actually release them this time)

Incidentally Demunseed seems to think the Autel is twice as fast as the P3 ... despite the Autel website and company spokesman confirming it's the same speed.
He hasn't a clue.
Seems you dont like Demunseed ive watched his videos and found them quite good please give this man a break , hes not too well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This one would probably be a more fitting comparison and its $1299, so right off the bat its $200 more than the P3. .
I think it is closer to the P3 4K at a much higher cost. Then again, I am a Phantom fanboy... because they are proven and great machines. When something else actually comes out that is better I will be the first to pass the crown.

Reactions: Odogster
Never got past his stupid moniker demunseed. No way he's got the cerebral ability to tell me anything..........
Just keep it on phantoms instead of knocking people trying to help newbies in our sport he might not be correct in somethings but he is trying to promote quadcopters unlike certain members on here who just feel the need to put people down [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Odogster
I already corrected someone earlier in the thread
(meta4 I believe). The premium will be $999 including a case and 64 gig micro sd. I have confirmed this with autel staff. Someone is trying to make money off the ignorant is my best guess why its listed for $1300 on amazon.7

I dont think so, looks like the Autel staff may have misinformed you. Amazon is shipping and fulfilling all three versions costing 799, 999, and 1299, so its not someone trying to jack up the price. Also they all have different model numbers. It seems that the 799 version and the 999 version have the same transmission methods, but the latter includes a camera while the former only has a gimbal. When you step up to 1299, that's when the range goes up to 1.2 miles. Not enough info on the site to know much more but the premium version does not use Wi-Fi either.

Last edited:
Demunseed ... valid points? That would be a first (if it was true)
Jim Bowers is a complete tosser and has very little idea of anything.
His "valid points are:
Customer Service ... and he talks about the past.
Everyone knows DJI used to have poor service times.
It was a product of their explosive growth and the difficulty keeping up.
Anyone who's in touch also knows that DJI have made a big effort in this area and their service times have improved greatly.

Quality Control ... and he talks about shell cracking which was an issue with a small fraction of early production P3s.
The issue seems to have gone away now.

Demunseed is the last person to pay attention to for anything.
He's always off recommending some unreleased thing as the new best drone.
Not defending him but...

I am LIVING the Quality Control issue. Had my P3A less than 2 days before the gimbal failed. 2 days. 3 flights. 0 crashes.

I am LIVING the poor CSR experience right now. So what if they have improved. So they improved from nightmarish to God awful? Its still SLOW. So far, it has taken them 5 days from first contact to send me an RMA and label. FedEx trucked to Cali and it took them 2 days to acknowledge its receipt after FedEx dropped it on their loading dock. No word since. No idea if they even checked it over or just threw it on the shelf and didn't even look at it.

Last year my Galaxy S5 started refusing to connect to 4G, only 3G. Took to verizon, they couldn't get it to play either. Emailed Samsung. Next day, I got a reply. Not next week. Next DAY. Sent the info they requested. Got an email the next day saying a replacement was on the way. It arrived 2 days later. I took it to Verizon to authenticate (just to make sure). All good, dropped mine in the box, stuck the label on and sent it back to Samsung. I was done in less than a week. THAT is how you do customer service.

Defend DJI's customer service. Thats fine. Maybe it has improved, I wouldn't know personally because I am just getting started here. But given what I have personally gone through and the time I have waited, God, I can't imagine how bad it used to be if this is "improved greatly".

Reactions: oakmeadows
I think it seems like a decent product. I will be glad when it actually arrives so all the rumors will end and we can actually see what it can do. Myself, I would be really leary of a first gen UAV from any company. I for sure would not drop more $$$ on an unrpoven UAV. That's just me though. There will be plenty of buyers there posts after purchase will be interesting. I like that their are competitors I just wouldn't be the guy buying it. Let the games begin.

Not defending him but...

I am LIVING the Quality Control issue. Had my P3A less than 2 days before the gimbal failed. 2 days. 3 flights. 0 crashes.

I am LIVING the poor CSR experience right now. So what if they have improved. So they improved from nightmarish to God awful? Its still SLOW. So far, it has taken them 5 days from first contact to send me an RMA and label. FedEx trucked to Cali and it took them 2 days to acknowledge its receipt after FedEx dropped it on their loading dock. No word since. No idea if they even checked it over or just threw it on the shelf and didn't even look at it.

Last year my Galaxy S5 started refusing to connect to 4G, only 3G. Took to verizon, they couldn't get it to play either. Emailed Samsung. Next day, I got a reply. Not next week. Next DAY. Sent the info they requested. Got an email the next day saying a replacement was on the way. It arrived 2 days later. I took it to Verizon to authenticate (just to make sure). All good, dropped mine in the box, stuck the label on and sent it back to Samsung. I was done in less than a week. THAT is how you do customer service.

Defend DJI's customer service. Thats fine. Maybe it has improved, I wouldn't know personally because I am just getting started here. But given what I have personally gone through and the time I have waited, God, I can't imagine how bad it used to be if this is "improved greatly".
Can't agree with the Samsung reference, but I understand what you mean and feel your pain.

"Samsung, the world's 15th-biggest company by market value as of yesterday and the first in South Korea to surpass the $200 billion mark, founded March 1st, 1938"

SD

Last edited:
Reactions: DiluxEdition
Not defending him but...

What a nightmare. 7 days into his RMA and the service is god awful. Its not like DJI is as big as Samsung or Verizon. Cell phones are something that are a time of the essence issue, since you are paying for service and obviously people need to contact you somehow, your quadcopter is a toy. I think 2 weeks is a perfectly reasonable time period for DJI to do the whole RMA thing.

2 days in you should have took it back to the place you bought it from for a replacement. WHY would you want a FIXED drone rather than a NEW drone 2 days into your purchase?

Its not how big the company is. Its how things are handled that sets you apart from the crowd. I got similar turnaround from nVidia on a defective card a few years ago. Its how the company perceives the service part of "customer service".

Reactions: LWC1496
What a nightmare. 7 days into his RMA and the service is god awful. Its not like DJI is as big as Samsung or Verizon. Cell phones are something that are a time of the essence issue, since you are paying for service and obviously people need to contact you somehow, your quadcopter is a toy. I think 2 weeks is a perfectly reasonable time period for DJI to do the whole RMA thing.

5 days to respond to an email. Just the start.

And it wasn't like I had been flying it for weeks or months and then had a problem. It was day TWO. 3 total flights all of which could have been done on one battery charge. What they should have done is analyze the issue, say it was bad, send a replacement. Its new bird.

Had I purchased it from a retailer like B&H or Best Buy, that is precisely how it would have gone. But I clearly choose poorly in dealing direct with DJI.

5 days to respond to an email. Just the start.

Their Online chat can get you a RMA #, shipping label and instructions for return like 1 hour after the chat. . Or you could have called them. Its pretty rare for companies to reply to emails in a timely manner. Try emailing your bank, you will likely not get a response until 24-48 hours later, but you can always call or online chat and get the issue resolved instantly. Imagine how much 'junk' mail DJI gets, people trying to give them 'suggestions', complaints, how they should run their company, this and that... I'm sure they don't like to check their emails. Imagine how many emails they get from people asking the same thing over and over, or dumb people who cant read instructions complaining that it wont fly, or it flew into a wall or tree because they are dumb...

Reactions: Erroll and Meta4
Their Online chat can get you a RMA #, shipping label and instructions for return like 1 hour after the chat. .

No it won't because I had a "chat" with them. They then requested info which I supplied. Then 5 days later a response.

Its not how big the company is. Its how things are handled that sets you apart from the crowd. I got similar turnaround from nVidia on a defective card a few years ago. Its how the company perceives the service part of "customer service".
Understand, but Samsung is in another league. In business 68 years longer, and many more employees.

nVidia, although smaller than DJI's value right now, has been around 13 years longer. I would hope DJI in 13 years will have their customer service policies & procedures down better.

Agreeing with you, DJI has unfortunately created their own problem with their popularity, price structure and dominance of the MR market.

Again, sorry your P3 was defective. I hate waiting for anything. I may be the most impatient person on this forum.

SD

No it won't because I had a "chat" with them. They then requested info which I supplied. Then 5 days later a response.
That wasn't my experience. I gave all the details right away at the start of the chat, 1 minute later they said they would email me the RMA # with instructions and shipping label. Perhaps its the way you communicate with them that gets you better service. If you crashed and act dumb, saying I don't know what is wrong with this thing, how do I fix it? while its in pieces, and the chat person has to figure out what the hell you want from them, then i'm sure you aren't going to have a good experience.

That wasn't my experience. I gave all the details right away at the start of the chat, 1 minute later they said they would email me the RMA # with instructions and shipping label. Perhaps its the way you communicate with them that gets you better service. If you crashed and act dumb, saying I don't know what is wrong with this thing, how do I fix it? while its in pieces, and the chat person has to figure out what the hell you want from them, then i'm sure you aren't going to have a good experience.

I gave him (her? who knows) links to this thread: Advanced - Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail? I gave them links to the youtube video showing what its doing. I outlined all the things I had tried and all the things the nice folks here tried to suggest. They asked a few questions, wanted me to try the same things that I had previously done again (and we know the definition of insanity right?) in chat. I even provided links to the 3 flight logs (the ONLY 3 flights the P3A made). After over an hour in chat, he arrived at the same conclusion I had long time before...its defective. Said I would get an email which I got a couple hours later. I responded to it with virtually the same info as I presented in the chat. Took 5 days to receive an RMA and label.

Anyway, sorry I posted something that took this thread so far off track. Enjoy your DJI customer service. I am currently not enjoying mine but I will just have to live with it as a consequence to doing business direct with them.

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

Competition is great. I think those are dissatisfied should show it by purchasing a different brand. That is how consumers can make change. So those who want to buy the new UAV please do. It will give everyone a point of reference for their future purchases.

I agree. Competition is good for the consumer. It forces advancement as well as production quality and quantity, both of which tend to spur price reductions. Just imagine what your cell phone would cost if IBM were still the dominant giant in charge of computing.

I was acually looking forward to the GoPro Karma hitting the market and seeing what it does to the market in general.

GoPro has a good cam which is what I am certain would be the upside to the Karma. Although as an owner of the Hero Black 4 I can say is marginally better than the cam on the Phantom. Only because their are more options. The downside to the Hero 4 Black is heat... The Sony doesn't have the same problem (Phantom uses the same sensor as the Sony). I like the image of the GoPro better but inside a case recording 4K you will get about 30 minutes before it turns off. I have never had that problem with the Sony.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4