Demunseed Disses The P3

??? have you ever tried a Lightbridge Phantom?
Yes I have a p3p...all I said was the light bridge is just a name...underlying radio communication is over the same radio bands as WiFi pretty much.

Lol Whois that guy he's like skelators ugly brother lol

Hard to be credible when he keeps plugging the website. It's also hard to believe he's chosen an unreleased product? Could be the Windows 8 of multi rotors, as no one knows yet.

Competition is great for us, the consumer. Lower prices will follow.

SD

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Hard to be credible when he keeps plugging the website. It's also hard to believe he's chosen an unreleased product? Could be the Windows 8 of multi rotors, as no one knows yet.

SD
While I kinda agree. He does have a prodrone (and xstar I believe) so he isnt just pulling it out of thin air.

SD

Great points!

Lol Whois that guy he's like skelators ugly brother lol
I find it kinda pathetic that on a forum based around $1000+ "toys" the level of immaturity is still this high. I honestly hope your (and the others that posted **** like this) mom bought you your phantom. Because if you are old enough to afford it for yourself I am truly sorry for you.

A 1:1 copy born old like many in these years. DJI should ask for money to these company that makes so explicit carbon copy of phantoms.

I find it kinda pathetic that on a forum based around $1000+ "toys" the level of immaturity is still this high. I honestly hope your (and the others that posted **** like this) mom bought you your phantom. Because if you are old enough to afford it for yourself I am truly sorry for you.

Look at his screen name. Clue #1

Prodrone looks like crap. Another 3DR Solo, DJI wanna be company. Trust me, there is nothing better than a P3P or Inspire.

DJI customer service is pretty good. Got mine back in like 10 days, didn't have to pay shipping either. Best of all, most stores which sell Phantom 3s have a great return policy, even if you crashed it.

Reactions: m0j0 and Pommo
Jim has his opinions and he might be a bit harsh in expressing those opinions. There is certainly nothing wrong with that though. It takes a _ton_ of work and time to put together the videos that Jim makes. Come up with the idea, spending hours filming, spending _many_ hours editing all of that video, etc. He's doing his part to promote drone use and helping other people in the hobby.

With this video he really sticks his head in a noose. So I say, kudos! Of course people are not going to agree with his list/ranking. He's looked at almost all of those drones, used most of them first hand and spoke to the manufactures. His opinion is based on that experience.

If you have watched most of Jim's videos you know that he only has great thinks to say about all DJI drones. When the Standard was released he said it was the best deal out there (I disagreed then and now... it has it's place but not the best DJI drone for the money). I think he left the P3 out mainly as it was not released in 2016 so it's now "new" news. But he still gives it a shout out. I don't see that Jim disses the Phantom or any DJI product.

I've watched the reviews of most of the drones he ranked. Some manufactures are coming out with some _rally_ good stuff. Yuneec added collision avoidance to the H. If they put this on the P3 and called it a P4 how many people would run out and buy it? I'm betting pretty much everyone here. Other drones in the list fold up small. Another nice feature.

Two points I'd like to make... DJI has not announced anything for 2016 yet... yet. I suspect the P4 may very well come out in 2016 as the they seem to release something "new" every year. I don't count the Standards as they are really just hybrids. It's pretty much a sure thing collision avoidance will be the main feature of the P4 and Yuneec is coming out with that now so I suspect DJI won't be far behind.

Last point... competition is _good_ for all consumers! It's to be expected that DJI will lose their edge and the market will level out. That is not a bad thing for us. It makes all manufactures fight harder for their market share. DJI has done an _excellent_ job in dominating the market and they have done this with good tech and great prices.

Reactions: Travis726
By that argument, the inspire was not released in 2016 either.

Its just stupid to rate unreleased products.

I don't see why I would need collision avoidance. I can do that pretty well on my own, and who knows what kind of bugs you will run into with a system like that. Don't forget that it also adds weight, making the drone even more dangerous in case it goes crazy and crashes into someone, it will do a lot more damage than a 1.3kg P3... The folding arms are a great addition, but the p3 is not that big anyway, and now you are adding even more weight.
Worst mistake they made was bigger motors, bigger battery, BUT they left all that extra space between the prop tips, they should have used bigger props to maximize efficiency. Brushless motors are already nearly maxed out in efficiency, the only way to get great gains in efficiency now is to increase propeller size and then use active braking (which the P3 and Inspire has) to improve stability in the wind, especially dealing with wind gusts.

SD
This is true! Lower prices and innovation!
-I still can't take him seriously. It's all opinion based anyhow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To all the people dissing on demunseed. Care to show me your video's that are helpful. While he can be a little eccentric, he also has alot of extremely useful videos like this one

Unless you have a list of **** you have done for this hobby talking **** is comical (and childish). If you watched the video he didnt even really "dis" dji. He brought up known issues.

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
To all the people dissing on demunseed. Care to show me your video's that are helpful. While he can be a little eccentric, he also has alot of extremely useful videos like this one

Unless you have a list of **** you have done for this hobby talking **** is comical (and childish). If you watched the video he didnt even really "dis" dji. He brought up known issues.
Woah Cowboy... People are disagreeing with him because some of his comments lack merit. I don't care how many helpful videos you produce. If you say something in a video that is not supported by facts you can lose credibility. Most of the people in here know their AC pretty well and have no problem speaking about what they can and can't do... How can you completely not include the AC that is leading the market. It almost appears like there is an agenda / bias. So be it. I watched the video, noted the lack of empirical evidence behind his comments and moved on. Just an FYI this is a Phantom forum.

I'm sure the guys on the prodrone forum can explain how accurate the video is... The Gopro Kharma forum is also full of informative posts where pilots detail the strengths and weaknesses of their new UAV.

NEXT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj