Deliberate CSC

Reaction score
Is this scenario possible?
You are at a high enough altitude (let's say 800 ft) and do a CSC. The AC shuts down and begins tumbling to the ground. A few seconds later you repeat the CSC to turn the motors back on. Will it right itself and continue to fly?
Please don't comment on the high altitude, this is just a "what if" question. And don't ask me to try it - I don't have the balls! :D

Possible? Probably. Likely? No.

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
This is becoming a weekly post/question.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oso
You are at a high enough altitude (let's say 800 ft) and do a CSC. The AC shuts down and begins tumbling to the ground. A few seconds later you repeat the CSC to turn the motors back on. Will it right itself and continue to fly?
Please don't comment on the high altitude, this is just a "what if" question. And don't ask me to try it - I don't have the balls! :D
No it will not restart.

No. It comes and goes as 'waves' of new owners join here.

As is "what's the best tablet", "what are the best video settings", "why is my video stuttering" .....

Scan through the chaff. There are the odd interesting topics.

You can practice that same thing in the go software. According to it is possible.

Reactions: Digdat0
Think about it, even if the motors restart, there are no command control inputs that roll the aircraft, which is what you need to right it if it is tumbling. I doubt that the bird control system could detect and autocorrect either. Probably just get a "no GPS" and "compass error" which means it would switch to atti mode and you would be trying to get it right side up.

There are several videos out there where the phantom will right itself! It is bottom heavy so it is going to try to flip back over. And I am sure the sensors are working to make adjustments in such a scenario.

There are several videos out there where the phantom will right itself! It is bottom heavy so it is going to try to flip back over. And I am sure the sensors are working to make adjustments in such a scenario.

Yes.... and many more where they don't.

Actually, a Phantom is only bottom heavy if it's upside down. In normal configuration, it is, without a doubt, top heavy.

Actually, a Phantom is only bottom heavy if it's upside down. In normal configuration, it is, without a doubt, top heavy.
In relation to the flight surface, ie the props, it is bottom heavy. There is little if any weight above the flight surface!

Reactions: With The Birds
Gotta try this with my scrap p2v, I'll do the test and post the vid on my YT channel

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

In relation to the flight surface, ie the props, it is bottom heavy. There is little if any weight above the flight surface!
You are a smart fellow and you are correct when considering the flight surface. However, when considering the drone as a whole, it's still top heavy. Therefore, we are both correct and both smart enough to NOT try this at home. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31