Delete DJI Fly logs on P3P internal SD

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am selling my Phantom 3 Pro and just had a question about the internal flight logs on Phantom itself.

Does anyone know how to delete these?

I am able to put the P3P into flight data mode and connect it to my PC and it mounts, I can see all of the .dat files but when I try to delete them it says I can't because the drive is write protected. I really would like to delete them as I don't really want my old flight logs on the P3P anymore.

If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I would highly recommend this one from that list, as it is very sensitive because of the small diameter shaft.

You cannot delete the files on the internal memory card.

The .DAT files can't be deleted but they can be overwritten. By my calculations the .DAT files start being overwritten after 3.65 hours of battery on. Place the P3 where it can't receive GPS if you're concerned about the new owner know where you live. Also, it might be good if the props were running at idle to cool the P3.

Reactions: Digdat0
it might be good if the props were running at idle to cool the P3.
Or, just point a small fan at the Phantom to keep the gimbal cool.

I've tryed right now to delete DAT files from the internal SD card of the AC.
True, the PC returns with: FLYxxx cannot be deleted. The specified file could not be found.
Make sure the path and file name is correct.

But the file has being deleted. I've tryed multiple times with the same result.

You cannot delete the files on the internal memory card.

Yes you can, just done it.

I got a warning to say file is write protected but the file is still deleted.

I now have a clear log folder.
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 16.26.41.png

Yes you can, just done it.

I got a warning to say file is write protected but the file is still deleted.

I now have a clear log folder.
I was not able to delete the files on my P3A. I haven't tried my other Phantoms yet, but I'm assuming the results will be the same.

I was not able to delete the files on my P3A. I haven't tried my other Phantoms yet, but I'm assuming the results will be the same.

Strange I did delete mine, using windows 7 on a mac (within fusion ). I did get you cant message but they all went.

I tried deleting them from Windows 10. It looked like they deleted, but they were all still there when I reopened the device.

I can confirm what @robinb states. Phantom in Flight Logs Mode acts like a bulky pendrive. You can create or delete any file you want from a connected PC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic