Definitive DLOG guide since latest F/W

Reaction score
I've been scouring the forums now for a couple of days looking to see what the deal is with DLOG since the last firmware v01.01.03.00. I don't know if it's good/bad or still a bit pointless.

I hear it's improved, but I also see people having issues with banding in the sky.

Is there a 'de-facto' post that shows all the recommended settings - and the colour profile settings to max out the DLOG benefits?

I see people sticking with DCINELIKE - so I'd appreciate comments on how you've set the colour profile if you're shooting with that mode. I just keep everything 0-0-0 but I know people tweak stuff.

Thanks!

R

I haven't tried the new dlog, and based on my results with d-cinelike (-1/-3/-2), not really feeling the need to. I'm finding decent protection for highlights & shadows with this setting, followed by only moderate adjustments in color-grading for fear of having to push the footage too far and having it fall apart if I were starting with something as flat as dlog. Again, I haven't done a back-to-back between dlog & d-cine, but I'm reasonably happy with my results using d-cinelike as long as I pretty much nail the exposure in camera.

Here's a short handful of color-graded clips, again all shot using
d-cinelike (-1/-3/-2) shot in 4K, h.265 @ 30fps.

Cheers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

password: kapoho

I haven't tried the new dlog, and based on my results with d-cinelike (-1/-3/-2), not really feeling the need to. I'm finding decent protection for highlights & shadows with this setting, followed by only moderate adjustments in color-grading for fear of having to push the footage too far and having it fall apart if I were starting with something as flat as dlog. Again, I haven't done a back-to-back between dlog & d-cine, but I'm reasonably happy with my results using d-cinelike as long as I pretty much nail the exposure in camera.

Cheers

Really nice footage man! Awesome locations and nice flying too. And it looks like it did hold detail pretty well in highlights and the darks the few times when you shooting into the sun. I've went to shooting all in D-cine as well.

Reactions: nickj
I like the

Cheers

I like the grading on that - it's nice and natural. I see a lot of drone stuff and all the colours are like acid-trip crazy. Nice work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan