Deference between Phantom controller & NAZA-M or M V2

Reaction score
Hello P2V Pilots

I would like to know what is Deference between Phantom 2 Vision controller & Naza M or M V2.
also I have below questions.
1. Can we install Spectrum DX7 receiver in Phantom 2 Vision ?
2. is it possible to use Phantom 2 Transmitter (1000m range) with P2V ?
3. Can we extend the range of P2V standard (FCC 500m to 1K+)

In advance Thanks for your time & any advise in reference to above quires.

Phantom 2 Vision Controller is (we believe) a NAZA-M-V2 which is restricted in some functions by firmware.

1. Wouldn't recommend it, the Vision uses 5.8GHz for control and 2.4GHz for FPV/telemetry. There's a chance the latter will interfere with/completely overwhelm a 2.4GHz receiver if you fitted it.

2. No, see above.

3. Possibly. There is another thread on this forum dealing with range extending, both the 2.4 signal for FPV/telemetry and the 5.8 control signal.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
hawk300 said:
Hello P2V Pilots

I would like to know what is Deference between Phantom 2 Vision controller & Naza M or M V2.

I believe the Phantom 2 contains similar logic to a Naza-M V2. You can put the Phantom 2 in either "Phantom 2 mode" or "Naza mode". In "Naza mode", the Phantom behaves like other multicopters with a Naza-M V2 installed.

also I have below questions.
1. Can we install Spectrum DX7 receiver in Phantom 2 Vision ?
This is technically possible, but a bad idea. The AR8000 receiver is 2.4GHz. The P2V uses wifi on 2.4Ghz for the app/video dowlink.
2. is it possible to use Phantom 2 Transmitter (1000m range) with P2V ?
No. The P2V tx/rx are 5.8Ghz. That's partially why the range is short on the P2V.
3. Can we extend the range of P2V standard (FCC 500m to 1K+)
Which range? The control range (5.8Ghz)? The video/app range? (2.4GHz wifi)

I was told by DJI them selfs that the phantom has a watered down version of the naza m v2.
My BTU didn't work so I called to complain and they had me return it to DJI to get the real Naza M V2 installed.
So there is a difference... As soon as I get mine back I'll give everyone a full report.

Did the 'normal' Naza-M V2 work n the Phantom 2? I have a similar issue. I need to replace the Phantom 2 Naza-M V2 and can only find a 'real' Naza-M V2. Thanks.

Update: Talked with DJI and they confirmed the Phantom 2 has a specific version of the Naza-M V2 and if you use a full Naza-M V2 you lose LED functionality.

NAZA-M V2 is NOT the NAZA-PHANTOM

Although the hardware may be the same, you will loose not only the LED functionality on the ESCs (still to try fitting the Phantom Fc40 LED to see if it works.. it's handy on the compass calibration) but also the percentage of remaining battery indicator on miniOSD.

I don't know YET if it also lost the "GET_YOUR_ASS_BACK_HOME_IF_YOUR_SHORT_ON_BATTERY" thing that Phantom 2 now has.
But I'm afraid so.

Phantom 2 would return home when battery reaches first level warning... With NAZA-M V2 Fw 4.0.2 , I guess it doesn't do that but as I only tested today... maybe it work... I still don't know.

So...
I have a phantom2 board with 4 phantom2 ESCs and a NAZA-M V2

It flies like hell :)

And as I have iOSD installed I know the battery voltage, the number of GPS satellites locked, if homepoint is set or not (trough distance to home point.. if not set the distance is not available)

I DON'T HAVE:
- LED functionality
- Percentage of battery left on the iOSD (I just have the voltage remaining)

STILL TO CHECK:
- Failsafe Zones (Airport boundaries)
- Go Home on low battery.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
NAZA-M V2 is NOT the NAZA-PHANTOM

Although the hardware may be the same, you will loose not only the LED functionality on the ESCs (still to try fitting the Phantom Fc40 LED to see if it works.. it's handy on the compass calibration) but also the percentage of remaining battery indicator on miniOSD.

I don't know YET if it also lost the "GET_YOUR_ASS_BACK_HOME_IF_YOUR_SHORT_ON_BATTERY" thing that Phantom 2 now has.
But I'm afraid so.

Phantom 2 would return home when battery reaches first level warning... With NAZA-M V2 Fw 4.0.2 , I guess it doesn't do that but as I only tested today... maybe it work... I still don't know.

So...
I have a phantom2 board with 4 phantom2 ESCs and a NAZA-M V2

It flies like hell :)

And as I have iOSD installed I know the battery voltage, the number of GPS satellites locked, if homepoint is set or not (trough distance to home point.. if not set the distance is not available)

I DON'T HAVE:
- LED functionality
- Percentage of battery left on the iOSD (I just have the voltage remaining)

STILL TO CHECK:
- Failsafe Zones (Airport boundaries)
- Go Home on low battery.

I just converted my FC40 to Phantom 2(or 1.5?) complete with P2 board, v2.1 ESCs and 2312 motors(in a P2 Shell with Vision+ landing gear(slightly higher than stock p2 ldng gear).
Only stuff carried over from FC40 was the Naza M v2, compass and GPS.
(also added the h3-3d gimbal and iOSD)

Have the same problem of rear ESC LEDs not working as Naza LED(as on Phantom2)

So, no idea on what the Phantom is doing, giving errors or what!

Is there any way to 'upgrade' the NAZA to the Phantom2 version so that the rear ESC LEDs start working as normal?

Would a control board that has Phantom unit be exchanged to the naza m unit I plan on using my dx18 spectrum transmitter and unfortunately the naza programming and phantom programming software won't register any stick movements even after I bounded my at 8000 with satellite to the phantom unit.

Would a control board that has Phantom unit be exchanged to the naza m unit I plan on using my dx18 spectrum transmitter and unfortunately the naza programming and phantom programming software won't register any stick movements even after I bounded my at 8000 with satellite to the phantom unit.
Did you change the Receiver Type in the Naza Assistant? If not you might need to.
Open Assistant and go to Basic > RC > Receiver Type > choose between Tradition,D-Bus or PPM.
I don't have a spectrum TX so I don't know for sure which of those settings to choose but one of them should work
. NAZA Assistant.JPG

Unfortunately on the PT 2 software there's no option for it I also tried the naza software AGAIN no movement on the sticks I bought a real naza flight control hopefully it will work

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl