Defective Charger

Reaction score
Bought an additional OEM charger from Drone Pros through Amazon. Used the charger once and it worked fine. The next day went to charge another battery and all the charger did was repeatedly blink red, one bright blink for a second followed by a very dim blink for a another second. And, then began to get too hot to touch. I connected the battery to the original charger and no problem. We've had the newer charger for 34 days and we'll see if Amazon does their usual good stuff. Anyone else experience this charger problem?

Channel70Productions said:
Bought an additional OEM charger from Drone Pros through Amazon. Used the charger once and it worked fine. The next day went to charge another battery and all the charger did was repeatedly blink red, one bright blink for a second followed by a very dim blink for a another second. And, then began to get too hot to touch. I connected the battery to the original charger and no problem. We've had the newer charger for 34 days and we'll see if Amazon does their usual good stuff. Anyone else experience this charger problem?

One of my older chargers just starting doing that, though it isn't getting any hotter than the chargers that work. At first I thought that a new battery was bad because it wouldn't charge.

-- Roger

Was just told by a power supply designer/guru that some cheaply designed/manufactured chargers need to be unplugged from the wall when not in use to prevent internal damage. My expertise on the subject is zero, so I'll take the precaution.

Was just told by a power supply designer/guru that some cheaply designed/manufactured chargers need to be unplugged from the wall when not in use to prevent internal damage. My expertise on the subject is zero, so I'll take the precaution.

Didn't know that. Interesting.

Drones Pros just wrote to say they'd replace or refund. Good company.

Mine should still be under the one-year warranty since it's the one that came with my P2V. I'm going to contact my dealer about it soon.

-- Roger

Update. Can't say enough good things about Drone Pros. Shipped new charger immediately. I paid another $39 to get the ball moving and it was instantly refunded the nanosecond the defective unit arrived at their door.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj