Defective Camera

Reaction score
My P4 finally came in, but with a defective camera :(

I am curious if anyone else has had to replace one due to a defective camera?

Here is a video showing what mine was doing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

sorry, but what is it doing?

calibrate gimbal on level surface?

Look at the trees in 4k. You will see it has a cartoonish look to it.

Looks fine. You might be losing some definition because the trees are moving rapidly and full of fine detail. Are you shooting at 24 or 30 fps? I don't think this is a defective camera.

Looks fine. You might be losing some definition because the trees are moving rapidly and full of fine detail. Are you shooting at 24 or 30 fps? I don't think this is a defective camera.
with that, frame rate/ shutter ratio might be an issue

4k @30fps, and it was a defective camera. A replacement will be here on Monday.

4k @30fps, and it was a defective camera. A replacement will be here on Monday.
I'm curious - did DJI or a local shop tell you it was defective? The problem with these forum pictures is between the subtle rendering differences between browsers, the (obscure) processing done by the forum software and streaming video in general, it's hard to see even moderate flaws on a monitor. You mentioned a 'cartoonish' look of the trees and I just see some typical compression behavior.

Maybe a larger crop of the areas you mentioned?

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Wow! I'm not seeing any issue in 4K either. Is it a mushiness that you are seeing? Trees look kinda cool with all the wind though. Glad your getting a replacement for sure!

Here is the actual video if you want to take a look. This is horrible compared to my x3, and it should be a little better quality.
http://rl.dyndns.info/MySite/strange.mov.zip
I downloaded it and watched. The trees in places might look a little weird. But as for sharpness and image quality it looks pretty good. Looks like you are shooting really dull settings in your RAW video which is what you should be doing tbo. I'm guessing you always adjust all your contrast, color and saturation in post right? And is the x3 a phantom pro? Because if it is, the ph4 camera is not much diff at all as far as image quality goes.

Thanks for looking.

I always shoot in d-log, and grade, unless I am shooting with my x5, or I am feeling lazy lol. My inspire x3 does not have this effect, and neither should this one.

I will probably return and just stick with the inspire if the one that is coming on Monday does it too.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
The P4 video may not meet your expectations, but it doesn't seem to be defective.
Maybe the title should be "Not sure the camera is what I expected "

Yours looks the same as mine? Please share some video so I can see that yours is the same as mine please.

All of the videos I have seen do not look like mine, and I also had a p3p that did not do this either. The camera is defective.

I just returned home after a 26 hour round trip drive to Mississippi to spent two hours filming a bridge. I'm no way a professional. In fact new to the drone. On my way home I took a break and watched my footage on my iPad. Every single shot of video had a pulse of bright color every second interval. I was devastated. Once home I loaded the footage from the micro card onto the Mac and the video on the micro card was flawless. I thought I would be posting something just like this thread.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ringolong

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic