Default values for gain, calibration, etc.

Reaction score
Somehow - almost certainly user error - I have lost the default values for gain, calibration, etc. Could someone please tell me what they should be? Attached pictures show what the PT2 software sees:

Attachments

• Phantom calibration pic1.jpg
    Phantom calibration pic1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 481
  • phantom calibration Pic 2.jpg
    phantom calibration Pic 2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 478
Have you tried using the defaults button on the gains tab? And recalibrate the sticks, switches and IMU?

IrishSights said:
Have you tried using the defaults button on the gains tab? And recalibrate the sticks, switches and IMU?

I have now. Thank you - I am just getting into this and there is a lot to learn ...

IrishSights said:

I've done the recalibration and now the controls seem reversed! :-(

- the controls (at least the left hand controller) appears reversed. To start the engines I now have to push both levers up and out instead of in and down.
- to make the Phantom ascend, I have to pull the left hand lever towards me. To descend I have to push it away.
- To turn off the engines I have to push the left hand lever away.
- Flipping the GPS switch several times does NOT put the Phantom 2 into compass calibration mode.

What am I doing wrong?!?!? :?:

Ok. You need to plug the usb into the transmitter and run the RC Assistant software. You will see 2 radio buttons labeled Mode 1 and Mode 2. Hover the pointer over these and the left pane will display what they mean. If you want throttle on the left stick then you want Mode 2. Most people are used to this mode. While you are in this screen do a full Calibration. Then plug the usb to the Phantom and run the Phantom Assistant and Calibrate the sticks and switches there too.

The compass calibration is done outside, with both the Phantom and controller switched on, by flicking S1 (right) fully up and down at least 5 times. That should initiate the compass calibration sequence. All in the downloadable PDF manual.

Thanks for this, Irishsights! I appreciate your patience.

I have not explained myself properly.

I do want the throttle on the left stick, and it is there. However, when I pull it towards me, the engines increase in speed; when I push it away, they decrease or ultimately turn off. This is the opposite of what it used to do before the firmware upgrade. Similarly before upgrade I started the engines by pulling both levers inwards and towards me. Now they have to be pushed away and out. SO I am puzzled on how to fix this.

msjhaffey said:
Thanks for this, Irishsights! I appreciate your patience.

I have not explained myself properly.

I do want the throttle on the left stick, and it is there. However, when I pull it towards me, the engines increase in speed; when I push it away, they decrease or ultimately turn off. This is the opposite of what it used to do before the firmware upgrade. Similarly before upgrade I started the engines by pulling both levers inwards and towards me. Now they have to be pushed away and out. SO I am puzzled on how to fix this.

In your very first post the first picture shows that the control positions are all set at REV,which is reverse.
Shouldn't they all be set as NORM (normal) by default?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4