How do you travel with your drone?

• Total voters
@ 28wins, I will post where I please, thank you. I don't know where you get off thinking you own a thread and can dictate who contributes, it doesn't work that way. I follow the rules, you don't own this forum, so chill out.

I'm sorry if you were offended with my facts. I'm very passionate about the details of traveling with drones. I do a lot of traveling with my Phantoms. When I see photos that IMPLY it's ok to pack a LiPo without individual protection, people need to be informed, because it's misleading. If the owner of the bag knew the rules of traveling on airlines with LiPos in a backpack, it shouldn't have been posted, unless the owner intentionally wants to mislead, and I don't think that's the case. I think the owner was uninformed is all. When I see things that can be misleading, I will chime in, for the good of all, including you.

Polar Pro was assertive to state the bag could be reconfigured with individual battery compartments. If that's the case, I think showing how that works would be appropriate, and how many compartments can be made to separate batteries. I've got nothing against Polar Pro, I'm only conveying compliance if you travel by airline, but in reality having battery separation is safer for everyone, flying, driving or hiking with the pack.

I will explain.

If you want to create a thread to discuss a specific topic you are welcome to do that.

I dislike people coming in here to talk about other bags when it's obvious this thread is about the Drone Trekker.

Picture doing what you did in real life. Do you walk into a conversation and say "no, no, no guys you are all wrong, you should use this, trust me I know"?

It is not just forum etiquette (thread crapping it's called) but also really just common sense.
I would not go onto of your threads and pull into a direction different from the one you intended.
So yes, this is my thread.

I have no idea whether you watched my video but my extra batteries are separated and there is no way they will make contact/ contact with any other dangerous object. Yes, I did it on purpose.

Further, you can keep them separated by the inserts provided or use other objects or put each batteries in its own bag. You've been explained this and you still ask Jeff for pictures/ proof. Why?

Having to explain all of this (the obvious) to you is a waste of my time.
And again it adds noise to my thread.
No one is being misled and there is no misinformation here (since no one on here started anything to that effect). Having individual compartment does NOT mean someone won't have anything else in that compartment which could potentially short the battery and create a hazard anyway. What a bureaucratic and unrealistic view of the world/ life.... :(

What bag do you use

He uses the bag he's got in his signature and goes around the forums pushing for it.

I am creating a thread for him, the instant I am done posting this.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmegaStageThr33
I will explain.

If you want to create a thread to discuss a specific topic you are welcome to do that.

I dislike people coming in here talk about other bags when it's obvious this thread is about the Drone Trekker.

Picture doing what you did in real life. Do you walk into a conversation and say, no, no, no guys you are all wrong, you should use this, trust me I know"?

It is not just forum etiquette (thread crapping it's called) but also really just common sense.
I would not go onto of your thread and pull into a direction different from the one you intended.
So yes, this is my thread.

I have no idea whether you watched my video but my extra batteries are separated and there no way they will make contact. You can keep them separated by the inserts provided or use other objects or put each batteries in its own bag.

Having to explain all of this (the obvious) to you is a waste of my time. And again it adds noise to my thread. No one is being misled and there is no misinformation here (since no one on here started anything to that effect).

He uses the bag he's got in his signature and goes around the forums pushing for it.

I am creating a thread for him, the instant I am done posting this.
Sorry dude I posted a topic of the bag I use lol not realizing this thread was about the polar pro. Anyways I like the design of the polarpro it came out after I got my bag or else I would of probably bought that one. Love doing business with Jeff that's why I'm probably going to buy it in the future to have different options when I travel.

Sorry dude I posted a topic of the bag I use lol not realizing this thread was about the polar pro. Anyways I like the design of the polarpro it came out after I got my bag or else I would of probably bought that one. Love doing business with Jeff that's why I'm probably going to buy it in the future to have different options when I travel.

No worries bud. At least you stuck with the traveling theme. You put in work and showed how you were getting ready for your trip. That's useful.
That's where I am coming from. I need to carry certain things when I am on the road for 4-5 days.

I don't usually travel with my DSLR and L lenses but I will post pics soon to show that it can be done with the Drone Trekker to reach people with that need.

Our friend John and others (like the member with his "40$" bag) annoyed me because they didn't respect the effort I made.

I fly at least once a month and the TSA goons live their lives and operate based on a view of the world that's really different from anything valuable. The vast majority never even traveled themselves and the executives running this circus are paid $200K a year each in Washington shuffling paper and pissing the average mom and business traveler off.

Last edited:
I so wanted to love this Polar Drone Trekker. I ordered and tried to configure to my liking. I am returning it and keeping my Procraft. It just let's me fit Alot more inside .. dang I wanted to like the P3 DRONE Trekker.....

I so wanted to love this Polar Drone Trekker. I ordered and tried to configure to my liking. I am returning it and keeping my Procraft. It just let's me fit Alot more inside .. dang I wanted to like the P3 DRONE Trekker.....
Hi Tripc,
Thanks for the response, we appreciate you trying it out and have no problem getting that returned for you. Any feedback to improve it?
Appreciate it,
Jeff

Hi Tripc,
Thanks for the response, we appreciate you trying it out and have no problem getting that returned for you. Any feedback to improve it?
Appreciate it,
Jeff
Sure Jeff,
There where 2-3 things that i just couldn't get past. The first some other people have brought up. Its the motors resting against the back of the pack. Very hard to zip that flap over them and i even had the motor protecters..
2nd i just couldn't get all my gear in there with out it feeling very very tight and cramped. I do have a DBS Mod controller , maybe that had something to do with it..
Over all. I love the Polar Pro brand and appreciate what you guys do for the hobby ,, And by know means this is a bashing on the pack. It just didn't work for my needs and likes. Over all the quality of the bad is spot on and I hate that it didn't work out......

Sure Jeff,
There where 2-3 things that i just couldn't get past. The first some other people have brought up. Its the motors resting against the back of the pack. Very hard to zip that flap over them and i even had the motor protecters..
2nd i just couldn't get all my gear in there with out it feeling very very tight and cramped. I do have a DBS Mod controller , maybe that had something to do with it..
Over all. I love the Polar Pro brand and appreciate what you guys do for the hobby ,, And by know means this is a bashing on the pack. It just didn't work for my needs and likes. Over all the quality of the bad is spot on and I hate that it didn't work out......
Appreciate the feedback! The bag definitely breaks in and eases up on the motors and motor covers after a couple weeks of use, but as you said, it will not get any larger. The DroneTrekker is on the smaller side for sure, some people love it, others like yourself prefer a slightly larger bag.
At the end of the day we just want to make sure our customers are happy whether our products work out for them or not, we greatly appreciate you considering our bag and taking the time giving some feedback.
Happy flying!
Jeff

Reactions: Lerroy and Tripc
Great customer service Jeff. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

What bag do you use
I use the Think Tank Helipak ($200) for my P4. I use the Chinese Cheapy ($35) for my P3p, which continues to amaze me with it's cheap, super-light materials, however it doesn't have a waist belt which is needed for serious hikes. I've got over 40,000 airmiles on that bag, we've been a lot of places. But I'm looking to replace it with a better backpack soon, so I'm looking at options. Right now I use my P3p more than P4, so it's time to upgrade my P3p backpack. I really like the Helipak, it's very roomy, but i like trying other stuff out, so I'm shopping. The PRO craft ($125) is one I've been eyeing, but I'm still out to jury.

Last edited:
I use the Think Tank Helipak ($200) for my P4. I use the Chinese Cheapy ($45) for my P3p, which continues to amaze me with it's cheap, super-light materials, however it doesn't have a waist belt which is needed for serious hikes. I've got over 40,000 airmiles on that bag, we've been a lot of places. But I'm looking to replace it with a better backpack soon, so I'm looking at options. Right now I use my P3p more than P4, so it's time to upgrade my P3p backpack. I really like the Helipak, it's very roomy, but i like trying other stuff out, so I'm shopping. The PRO craft ($125) is one I've been eyeing, but I'm still out to jury.
Cool, we'll if you like the think tank I think procraft is the winner because of price

How do you want to discuss a product without comparing it to other products? Of course you can make great quality if you charge astronomic prices... but you will not sell it if similar products are much cheaper.
I just offered an option that is much much cheaper and suffices for the everyday need, and if I want to upgrade in a year or so there might be new and better options available. just letting people know

Quick update , just passed tsa with my p4 at lax and no questions asked about my case. Heading to cancun I will update you when I pass Mexican customs.

Quick update , just passed tsa with my p4 at lax and no questions asked about my case. Heading to cancun I will update you when I pass Mexican customs.
Yes, let us know if they try to charge you a tax. I've heard many stories of Mexican airport authorities ripping off tourists with an import tax on drones. Jerks.

Cool, we'll if you like the think tank I think ProCraft is the winner because of price
Yeah, I tend to agree. The only thing I can see lacking in the photos for the ProCraft is the grab handle on the side, compared to the TT Helipak. The Helipak has a top and side grab handle, and I do use both. The price is definitely a significant difference though, $129 vs. $200.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tend to agree. The only thing I can see lacking in the photos for the ProCraft is the grab handle on the side, compared to the TT Helipak. The Helipak has a top and side grab handle, and I do use both. The price is definitely a significant difference though, $129 vs. $200.
Just a handle on top sir...

Here is how I have my personal DroneTrekker set up right now:
Main Compartment: P4, (4) Batteries, Sony a7s ii, additional a7s ii Lens, Remote, Cinema Series 6-Filter Case
OuterPocket: Laptop in sleeve, Ipad, lighting cables
Main Compartment Lid: Props (6), Gimbal Guard, Landing Gear, DronePen
Side Pocket: SD card case, Grad Filter 3-Pack

Hope that helps a bit!

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, you've shown how things can be arranged properly for airline travel with individual battery compartments, along with all the other compartments for other things.

Reactions: PolarPro
I finally made up my mind to check out the Procraft backpack, it arrives in 2 days. However I'm a little concerned the walls of that backpack won't be rigid enough. I get that impression from the straps that go across the top of everything, implying the straps need to be latched for the backpack to keep it's shape. It would seem if you zip the lid shut, that would be enough to hold things in place. I'm puzzled by those straps, my TT Helipak doesn't have those, and I don't need the hassle of buckling them and unbuckling them every time I get in the backpack. If the pack is rigid enough I'll likely cut them off. If the pack isn't rigid enough, it's going back to Amazon.

The Polar Pro looked nice, but it also looked a little too small, some folks mentioned the tight fit. The way the motor arms overlapped the batteries is undesired. Good price though, very competitive. If the ProCraft doesn't work out I may check out the Polar Pro unit.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues