How do you travel with your drone?

• Total voters
I don't see individual battery compartments as the FAA guidelines specify. If you throw them into an undivided compartment you'll need individual battery bags. The think tank helipak provides individual battery compartments for three or four batteries. Plus space for many other items. It's a little bigger than the POLAR PRO, dual handle, rain skirt and a padded waist belt. $200
Hi John,
It is a modular system, so you can actually move the dividers around to create individual battery compartments!
I have 4 P4 batteries sectioned off in my bag, I personally like a smaller, compact bag, which is why we designed our DroneTrekker to be a bit smaller, and also $90 less expensive :)

Thanks for the question John!
-Jeff

Hi Thomas -

That's a very good question. Thank you. I will update my original post with this information.

The Drone Trekker weight 4.9 lb when empty, that's about 2.2 kg.

I didn't think of weighing my bag when it was packed as shown in my video.
But I will. I will update as soon as possible.

Travel ready! Thank you for sharing.

Could you please click Edit on your post and see if you can Click post Full Image instead of Thumbnail so we can see the full image right in your post?

I am curious :) could you please tell us what you have in the various zipped-up bags?

And I am not familiar, what are windsurfers?
It's weird I can see the full pictures not in thumbnail, windsurfers are range boosters for the antennas. Also I have my go pro in the pouches and accessories plus some miscellaneous. I also have two ND filter kits .

Okay I had to do this for you guys , here is all my stuff that I can fit in this back pack plus a bit more room for a tablet and other small items. Let me know what you think . I think with the laptop is pushing around 27lbs but I'm planing put the laptop in my wife's backpack If they give me any problems . All together is around 22lbs.

Attachments

• 1466533635110.jpg
    1466533635110.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 509
  • 1466533645414.jpg
    1466533645414.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 518
Okay I had to do this for you guys , here is all my stuff that I can fit in this back pack plus a bit more room for a tablet and other small items. Let me know what you think . I think with the laptop is pushing around 27lbs but I'm planing put the laptop in my wife's backpack If they give me any problems . All together is around 22lbs.
Impressive. Which backpack is it?

This is the procraft. I'm really happy with it . Big enough for an international trip and small enough to Carry around where ever I need to take it .
Awesome! Does it fit in the overhead bins of an airplane with all of what you carry?

It's weird I can see the full pictures not in thumbnail, windsurfers are range boosters for the antennas. Also I have my go pro in the pouches and accessories plus some miscellaneous. I also have two ND filter kits .

I prob. got to you too late but here is my comment.

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 1.27.53 PM.png

Yes, the images show up but you have to click on them to make them appear in larger size.

Whereas if you select Full Image (instead of doing nothing or instead of selecting Thumbnail) right after you attach them or drag them over to your post while composing it, they will will appear inline, right in your post.

2.jpg

I prob. got to you too late but here is my comment.

View attachment 57776

Yes, the images show up but you have to click on them to make them appear in larger size.

Whereas if you select Full Image (instead of doing nothing or instead of selecting Thumbnail) right after you attach them or drag them over to your post while composing it, they will will appear inline, right in your post.

View attachment 57775
Sorry man I'm using my phone and app. Looks like you are using a computer. Maybe that's why. I never log on here from my pc

Yes, I am.

I didn't think of that.

This made me check the stats on my video. It turns out most viewed it from a tablet or phone.

Reactions: bigstalks
Yes, I am.

I didn't think of that.

This made me check the stats on my video. It turns out most viewed it from a tablet or phone.
Well that explains it.. I was worried my pics weren't uploading up properly.

You posted exactly the same blurp on the other thread reviewing this backpack.

I don't see you posting it on the LowePro or the mediocre other bags threads though.

I wonder why.

Please stay off this thread.
@ 28wins, I will post where I please, thank you. I don't know where you get off thinking you own a thread and can dictate who contributes, it doesn't work that way. I follow the rules, you don't own this forum, so chill out.

I'm sorry if you were offended with my facts. I'm very passionate about the details of traveling with drones. I do a lot of traveling with my Phantoms. When I see photos that IMPLY it's ok to pack a LiPo without individual protection, people need to be informed, because it's misleading. That kind of battery handling is certainly NOT DONE RIGHT (your thread title). If the OP of the bag knew the rules of traveling on airlines with LiPos in a backpack, it shouldn't have been posted, unless the OP intentionally wants to mislead, and I don't think that's the case. I think the OP was uninformed, that's all. When I see things that can be misleading, I will chime in, for the good of all, including you.

Polar Pro was assertive to state the bag could be reconfigured with individual battery compartments. If that's the case, I think showing how that works would be appropriate, and how many compartments can be made to separate batteries. I've got nothing against Polar Pro, I'm only conveying compliance if you travel by airline, but in reality having battery separation is safer for everyone, flying, driving or hiking with the pack.

Last edited:
This is the backpack: Amazon.com : AmazonBasics DSLR and Laptop Backpack - Orange interior : Laptop Computer Backpacks : Camera & Photo

This is how to pack it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

works like a charm. I'm using it and I'm happy with it
I'm glad you're happy with with. Please let us know in 6mos if you're still using it. Seems limited for growth.

Nice video, but it just looks too small. It doesn't have individual battery protection compartments for airline travel, and it certainly can't accommodate LiPo travel bags for each battery. It also won't accept a modified RC with Itelite or FPVLR antenna options without disassembling. If you're going to spend $1400 for nice drone, why go cheap on a small backpack? It may work OK for you now, but as you grow and want other stuff there's little room to store those extras. Your video shows some extra compartments, but it looked totally jammed with the minimal stuff you had enclosed. Looks awfully tight to use those extra compartments, such as putting an iPad Air 2 with sunshade in there. It looks impossible, am I wrong?

Reactions: WWK888
Polar Pro was assertive to state the bag could be reconfigured with individual battery compartments. If that's the case, I think showing how that works would be appropriate, and how many compartments can be made to separate batteries. I've got nothing against Polar Pro, I'm only conveying compliance if you travel by airline, but in reality having battery separation is safer for everyone, flying, driving or hiking with the pack.

Hey John, not being assertive, just excited to tell you about the features of our DroneTrekker BackPack
Here is a quick image of one of the many ways to configure the interior to compartmentalize the batteries (attached).

There are a bunch of great backpacks on the market and everyone is looking for something that suits their needs. Even if the DroneTrekker is not for you, we always welcome feedback and suggestions!
Take care John,

Jeff

Attachments

• DroneTrekker Battery Config.png
    DroneTrekker Battery Config.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 621
Hey John, not being assertive, just excited to tell you about the features of our DroneTrekker BackPack
Here is a quick image of one of the many ways to configure the interior to compartmentalize the batteries (attached).

There are a bunch of great backpacks on the market and everyone is looking for something that suits their needs. Even if the DroneTrekker is not for you, we always welcome feedback and suggestions!
Take care John,

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, that's a good representation of how to arrange batteries, and 4 of them is great, that's plenty. Can you show the rest of the pack with the batteries arranged like that? It would be good to see the other stuff enclosed in their compartments. Would I get all the walls to setup the 4 battery compartments?

Last edited:
Reactions: WWK888
I'm glad you're happy with with. Please let us know in 6mos if you're still using it. Seems limited for growth.

Nice video, but it just looks too small. It doesn't have individual battery protection compartments for airline travel, and it certainly can't accommodate LiPo travel bags for each battery. It also won't accept a modified RC with Itelite or FPVLR antenna options without disassembling. If you're going to spend $1400 for nice drone, why go cheap on a small backpack? It may work OK for you now, but as you grow and want other stuff there's little room to store those extras. Your video shows some extra compartments, but it looked totally jammed with the minimal stuff you had enclosed. Looks awfully tight to use those extra compartments, such as putting an iPad Air 2 with sunshade in there. It looks impossible, am I wrong?
What bag do you use

Thanks Jeff, that's a good representation of how to arrange batteries, and 4 of them is great, that's plenty. Can you show the rest of the pack with the batteries arranged like that? It would be good to see the other stuff enclosed in their compartments. Would I get all the walls to setup the 4 battery compartments?
Here is how I have my personal DroneTrekker set up right now:
Main Compartment: P4, (4) Batteries, Sony a7s ii, additional a7s ii Lens, Remote, Cinema Series 6-Filter Case
OuterPocket: Laptop in sleeve, Ipad, lighting cables
Main Compartment Lid: Props (6), Gimbal Guard, Landing Gear, DronePen
Side Pocket: SD card case, Grad Filter 3-Pack

Hope that helps a bit!

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_5189.JPG
    IMG_5189.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 970

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics