Declaring a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) Area for Emergencies

bow

Reaction score
With a great weekend for flying I got to go out and get some images to work with. While out trying to map some hard to reach areas that are prone to brush fires I started wondering how long it takes to get an unscheduled no fly zone set up. With the amount of drones out there now it is probably something that first responders need to start thinking about. Has anyone here had to do this?

Technically, the FAA doesn't issue or even recognize NFZ. First responders can phone in a request for a temporary flight restriction (TFR) as part of the interagency airspace coordination agreement. Pretty much same day although it may take a day for one to show up on the FAA webpage Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's

Technically, the FAA doesn't issue or even recognize NFZ. First responders can phone in a request for a temporary flight restriction (TFR) as part of the interagency airspace coordination agreement. Pretty much same day although it may take a day for one to show up on the FAA webpage Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's

It's a fairly fast process. I've had TFRs put up within a couple of hours.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sound right, wouldn't want a tfr to go into effect after the fire is out

It's a fairly fast process. I've had TFRs put up within a couple of hours.

Same here. You get the right people involved and it happens pretty quickly in an emergency situation.

PS: I edited the thread title to be more accurate

We have a pretty good relationship with the air national guard base in the area. Could probably get them to get in touch with the right people. Helps that the counties pd helicopter is based at the same airport

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen