Decibels P4 vs Mavic

Reaction score
Was on the beach and noticed a Mavic hovering approximately 30ft above and 20 yards in front of us. My wife said it seemed to be noticeably quieter than my P4.
I thought the Mavic just seemed a lot quieter because of the crashing waves drowning it out. Has anyone compared the noise levels between the P4 and the Mavic?

I think my Mavic is much quieter than my P3S. Or my 3DR Solo, for that matter. I actually bought the Mavic because it is more stealthy, and after hearing how quiet it was it only reinforces the stealthy nature of the Mavic. I often get unfriendly attention when I pull out one of my drones. With the Mavic I can sneak it out and be in the air with much less visibility of what I'm doing.

Was on the beach and noticed a Mavic hovering approximately 30ft above and 20 yards in front of us. My wife said it seemed to be noticeably quieter than my P4.
I thought the Mavic just seemed a lot quieter because of the crashing waves drowning it out. Has anyone compared the noise levels between the P4 and the Mavic?
The Mavic is much quieter because it's motors don't rev as fast as those of the P4.
It's the fast spinning props that create most of the noise and a little more from the motors.

Thanks msinger! The creator of that video is apparently in my area of Southern Calif.
I'm going to reach out to him. Darn! now I have a stronger reason to part with my hard-earned cash and purchase a Mavic Pro!

He makes great videos :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl