Dec 4 updates

Reaction score
I bought my phantom 2 vision on Nov 19. so, I gather that I need to update both the remote controller and the drone/camera, right? my vision app is up to date so I'm good there.

my problem is that I really don't see a step by step process on updating the firmware that is readily understandable. yes, ok, I may not have the right lexicon, but I can fill out a tax return so I'd like to think I'm of at least average intelligence!

I have loaded the pc assistant to my desktop.

I have loaded the firmware.bin to the microsd card. I put into the camera then turned it on. while the lights kept blinking yellow, the firmware.bin file did change to firmware.bin.bak00.

so, I have some specific questions:
1. how do I check the drone/camera to know if they are up to date? the drone has a micro usb port.
2. how do I check the rc (remote controller) to know if it is up to date. there is no visible micro usb port but I read to understand that there is one inside...but I'm referred to a video to find the usb port on the board inside the controller, but I see no link to that video.

hope this isn't too basic and that I express total stupidity! thank YOU!!

This post is the best I have seen on this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394

The common mistakes seem to be not installing the drivers on your computer before running Assistant, and not doing ALL the updates. Just doing some will cause problems. The camera update, however, is standalone.

Yes, you will need to open the case on the controller.

This is pretty well outlined in the pdf User Manual, downloadable from where you found the assistant software.
Check page 49 of the manual.
You have to separate the two halves of the controller to find the USB port on an interior board. The difficult part is separating the halves at the antenna. Just lift, pull and wiggle slowly and carefully and it will come apart. Be careful of the attached wires when separating.

Many thanks...I'll go there...lol...next, i'll need to be sure to see how to open the case without breaking anything!!!!

ok, yes, I'm getting there. did the drone/camera and will move on to the controller...if I can carefully separate the halves without pulling wires loose! big help y'all...thank you. ps: part of the problem was that my antivirus didn't want to run one of the files.

happydogs said:
I have loaded the firmware.bin to the microsd card. I put into the camera then turned it on. while the lights kept blinking yellow, the firmware.bin file did change to firmware.bin.bak00.

It should have gone fine if the name has changed. Power everything up and launch the app - go to Settings>About and it will tell you the camera firmware version there. The yellow light it was referring too was the one led on the back of the camera, not the yellow ones on the motor arms. If you wait for those to go out when you are indoors you'll be waiting forever! :)

well, everything seems to have gone fine. will fly tomorrow. there is a trick to taking the back off the rc...it is that there is a "collar" on the antenna...I think you can slide it toward the end of the antenna and it will help release the halves...you may have to rotate the collar.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik