Debating between two antenna mods for P3 Standard

Barbarella..........
Ever see that movie?
LOL

How does it work? Try it yet?

Well, didn't have much to do today so I installed the ARGtek mod to my Standard controller this morning. I took it out for a spin. This is what I got:
2 Runs
Alt 394 feet for both runs
Light wind. 22 degrees F
Over open fields. No obstructions.

1st run was 3800+ feet before I lost signal. (north)
2nd run was 4500+ feet before i lost signal. (west)

Video was good throughout the runs. Seemed to get a little jumpy as I got close to landing but I think they may be the antenna. I am still playing with the placement for best results.

All in all, I am very happy. I am never really going out that far anyway. I just wanted to make sure I got FPV the whole time.

Hope this helps out.

Mike
Any new data on this setup? Judging by your initial report you didn't see any range improvement but you had better FPV?

Any new data on this setup? Judging by your initial report you didn't see any range improvement but you had better FPV?
Correct. Range improvement was minimal to none.
FPV was much better. I had video the whole time.
Was going to try and do some flying today and change a few items.
Positioning of the 2.4G antenna for video. Want to try them in another position. Turn them, move them up and down.
Also want to try a new antenna for the 5.8G (control). Purchased it a couple of weeks ago and I want to try it out. Just unscrew the ARGtek antenna and put the new one on and test.
Unfortunately, today we just happen to get a **** snow squall coming through. So that grounded the test.
Also am thinking about using boosters to this setup as well. Just to see what happens.

Mike

DSCN0126.JPG This is what you get with the ARGtek

DSCN0127.JPG This is what I want to try the next time.

I think that FPVLR and DBS MODS ITELITE are the best ones cant speak for the others though.

I think that FPVLR and DBS MODS ITELITE are the best ones cant speak for the others though.
I would agree I chose the DBS for the fact that I can load it up in the DJI backpack and take the entire kit mobile on a bike or hike. I think the FPVLR would be nice just too bulky, I am looking to boost next, just wanna keep it small enough to to fit in the bag

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: FlyinBrian
I would agree I chose the DBS for the fact that I can load it up in the DJI backpack and take the entire kit mobile on a bike or hike. I think the FPVLR would be nice just too bulky, I am looking to boost next, just wanna keep it small enough to to fit in the bag

I guess it's mostly preference I don't this they are too much of a difference as far as range.

I too am looking for longer range in distance without signal loss... And a higher quality video.. Seems to flutter on playback...

I too am looking for longer range in distance without signal loss... And a higher quality video.. Seems to flutter on playback...

Doing an antenna mod is not going to help with a higher quality video, or stop the flutter on playback with the exception of what is recorded on your phone/tablet. The video from the camera you take is on the camera. Don't use the wifi for that.

Doing an antenna mod is not going to help with a higher quality video, or stop the flutter on playback with the exception of what is recorded on your phone/tablet. The video from the camera you take is on the camera. Don't use the wifi for that.
You have obviously missed the point: video as in FPV video.

My bad.
Sorry, I must have misread the post.

MIke

Did you also do ine if these modifications?

I went with the ITE and saw a 50% increase in range. I lose both drone control and fpv at just about 800 meters.

I have flown out of range and tripped the return home a couple of times. Oddly, it never seems to RTH automatically. I end up getting a taller vantage point to reaquire and send the signal. Even though I have to wait a minute or two to be able to control fluidly, it is at least headed back at that point.

My flight log confirms my feeling of not achieving an auto RTH after disconnect with a hover during the few minutes I am trying to reaquire and pulling back on the right stick.

Did you also do ine if these modifications?

I went with the ITE and saw a 50% increase in range. I lose both drone control and fpv at just about 800 meters.

I have flown out of range and tripped the return home a couple of times. Oddly, it never seems to RTH automatically. I end up getting a taller vantage point to reaquire and send the signal. Even though I have to wait a minute or two to be able to control fluidly, it is at least headed back at that point.

My flight log confirms my feeling of not achieving an auto RTH after disconnect with a hover during the few minutes I am trying to reaquire and pulling back on the right stick.

I have done the ARGtek Mod to mine. I was happy with the results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl