Dear DJI, simple bug fix request: Consistency of Units use

Reaction score
There is a setting in your flight control software to choose between Imperial and Metric units for both display and input.

There are two input boxes, however, that blatantly ignore this setting and it's annoying and could be potentially disastrous.

The RTH altitude and the Maximum Altitude are expected to always be entered in meters, no matter what unit of measure is selected prior.

I consider both a bug.

For example, if one were to accidentally set the max height to 400 thinking it meant feet, he could easily exceed the US legal limit thinking he's still safe.

I'd ask that those two input boxes, as everything else already does, obey the "Units" selection.

It is a trivial fix, please implement it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There is a setting in your flight control software to choose between Imperial and Metric units for both display and input.

There are two input boxes, however, that blatantly ignore this setting and it's annoying and could be potentially disastrous.

The RTH altitude and the Maximum Altitude are expected to always be entered in meters, no matter what unit of measure is selected prior.

I consider both a bug.

For example, if one were to accidentally set the max height to 400 thinking it meant feet, he could easily exceed the US legal limit thinking he's still safe.

I'd ask that those two input boxes, as everything else already does, obey the "Units" selection.

It is a trivial fix, please implement it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That is how I noticed. on DJIGo 3.1 when you put 400 in , it complains over the 400 ft height limit, and ignores your input.

Now what is really strange. my max takeoff altitude is 604 ft. I know for a fact my maximum altitude takeoff was 45 feet, becasue I was in a tree, and the 0 sec flight was logged. Landing -45 ft, at 25mph..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj