Phantom 4 Roll-shaft bracket 1 6.00

Phantom4 left landing gear component 1 10.00

Service Charge 2 70.00/H 140.00

Freight:0.00

Total Amount:188.00

Discount:-0

DJI Care deduction:0.00

Total Payment:188.00

I never admitted crashing P4. I was very clear right from beginning it was a case of fly-away.

I've send them email that if they don't correct problem - similar situation will occur again. I am quiet disappointing with whole service so far. I provided all data and other information as asked and they still don't admit problem exist with this aircraft

I've got reply today:

Repairs cannot begin until the invoice is paid. This will not be a warranty repair unfortunately, a 3rd party app was used during this flight, which is not covered under warranty.

I was using Litchi at that time - Nowhere in DJI warranty information I was able to find that using third party app will void warranty. I am prepared to take some other actions just for the principle of the issue. I am right now in touch with Litchi App interesting in their view of the problem. Seriously DJI, I am very disappointed. You have received all data to check but blaming Litchi for crash is very shameful. I will post their answers and process all over different forums so users of Litchi app be aware of possible outcome and DJI service.

Last edited:
I called DJI. It's not normal to receive a different aircraft. I didn't know, but they sent a new P4, thus the different serial number. So, this 4th one is defective with the negative altitude reporting and wandering. I've been promised another return shipping label and likely a new case number.

Meanwhile, P4#1 (long gone) is the one registered with the FAA and my insurance company.

PITA.
My original claim was filed August 5th. Now, on September 8th, I am still without the aircraft. That's the bottom line. Presumably, DJI will send either the fifth Phantom 4 back "repaired" or will once again send a new AC, the 6th P4. Of the six P4s, only one flies. Plus the Autel didn't fly correctly either but there's no telling why as you cannot retrieve log files.

I thought the hardware in this industry had matured. I was wrong. I think the software has, but not the hardware, nor the customer "support".

Despite assurances via phone and chat that it was being repaired and tested, I ultimately got back a third P4, which, after five flights is flying as expected. This aircraft is not new having logged 19 flights before I received it, all but one occurring in April.

In the meantime, the FAA took 136 days to assign an N number to my corporation for the original aircraft. I'm awaiting their reply on how to handle changing serial numbers.

And the FAA says that I need to cancel the current registration & send in an affidavit, a bill of sale, an AC 8050-1, and $5.00.

Wee!

I've got reply today:

I was using Litchi at that time - Nowhere in DJI warranty information I was able to find that using third party app will void warranty. I am prepared to take some other actions just for the principle of the issue. I am right now in touch with Litchi App interesting in their view of the problem. Seriously DJI, I am very disappointed. You have received all data to check but blaming Litchi for crash is very shameful. I will post their answers and process all over different forums so users of Litchi app be aware of possible outcome and DJI service.

That's DJI for you. The problem is that we keep supporting this behavior by buying their products, I'm including myself on this one. That's the reason I bought an Autel as my second drone.

I use Autopilot for complicated waypoints and orbits. Do not know if this is going to help you much with your case, here is an screen shot from Autopilot's Q&A in regards to warranty and using AP, shows an statement from DJI in regards to third party apps. Please keep us all posted regarding your case, good luck.!

Autopilot Warranty disclaimer.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31