Dead H3-3D, Not Software related

Reaction score
So my perfectly working H3-3D stopped working yesterday. It just wouldn't move at all, eventhough its getting power and Gopro is getting power and video is coming out through the feed.

I looked through all the posts and tried the software resets, etc, no luck. Closer examination showed one of the ribbon cable below the tilt motor has become detached. Not sure if this was a bad solder or what, but I'm assuming this is the cable connecting to IMU.

Is there a way to repair this, or do I have a paper weight now? Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7744.JPG
    IMG_7744.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 335
So my perfectly working H3-3D stopped working yesterday. It just wouldn't move at all, eventhough its getting power and Gopro is getting power and video is coming out through the feed.

I looked through all the posts and tried the software resets, etc, no luck. Closer examination showed one of the ribbon cable below the tilt motor has become detached. Not sure if this was a bad solder or what, but I'm assuming this is the cable connecting to IMU.

Is there a way to repair this, or do I have a paper weight now? Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The motor assembly would have to taken completely apart and there's no way at this point to know whether it can be resolder back on. Looks like you should send it in for repair at this point. Where did you purchase the unit??

The pins are super tiny, I don't think they can be soldered back without the proper equipment to work on SMD.

For sure it's out of warranty period. So probably not economically sensible to send it back for repair. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj