? dead camera

Reaction score
Flown Phantom V2 about 20 times in last 3 weeks all worked well . Today powered it up and IPhone app connects to Phantom but no picture on IPhone from camera. Yes the lens cap is off :) Is my camera dead? Any suggestions welcomed .

Does everything else connect? Can you see how many GPS satellites you have? Does it show how many pictures you have left, etc?

Try taking a photo or video and see if it "resets".

Yes everything else connects , app works but get no connection to camera so cannot take a picture.

Odd. Can you adjust camera settings, such as file size, video format?

You might have to return it. :- /

First thing to look for is that you have a green light on the back of the camera? Which I'm pretty sure you haven't.

Next thing with the Phantom powered up try to unplug the power cable to the camera and again I'm pretty sure you will see a red light for one to two secs.

If I'm right, then you have the same problem as me, I'm still waiting for a replacement (first a camera replacement and now a replacement of the copter, controller and )the camera.

Lots of options to try... all previously mentioned are worthy for sure.
My camera will occasionally do this... black screen during initialization - I think its the nature of the connection sometimes. I usually back out of the Vision app completely and restart it. That mostly does the trick for me.
I have also gone so far as to power everything down and restart (including my phone). This makes for a nice fresh connection.

Hope your issues aren't more serious. I had a corrupt camera firmware update back in December that bricked my camera. It was miserable waiting for the replacement - and flying without the camera is a little less exciting.

Best of luck!

Thanks guys tried all the above but no luck When I power up the PV2 I do get a green camera light occasionally but this goes out when I move the PV2. Occasionally jiggling the camera cable gets the camera green light back on. Most time when I power on the PV2 I only get a flashing red light on the camera that then goes out. Also have no binding with the camera on the DJI app. Time to contact DJI. :cry:

TheFlyingSquid said:
Thanks guys tried all the above but no luck When I power up the PV2 I do get a green camera light occasionally but this goes out when I move the PV2. Occasionally jiggling the camera cable gets the camera green light back on. Most time when I power on the PV2 I only get a flashing red light on the camera that then goes out. Also have no binding with the camera on the DJI app. Time to contact DJI. :cry:

Sound like a bad power connection.
If you have no green light you will also loose the binding to the phone. The green light is actually there to show you that everything is ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20