Dead Battery

Reaction score
Howdy. I havent flown my p4 in 3 months. I went to charge my batteries, and one of them seems to be completely dead. It wont power on or take a charge. Is there a known fix for this issue?
If so, can the battery be trusted after its been depleted?

Thanks in advance.

If it fails to come to life after an hour or so connected to the charger you can forget it. It might be possible to disassemble and charge cells individually from balance taps with a 3rd party charger but probably not worth the effort (unlikely to give good performance if recovered.

Keep an eye on your packs if not flown for
A while (40-60% SOC is a good storage level). If put away low and left the cells can easily reach critical low voltage and that's the end of them unfortunately.

bummer. my other batteries all discharged to 2 bars. I didnt actually check the levels before I charged them back up. I wonder if it was because I had it stored in the p4

I wonder if it was because I had it stored in the p4
You won't kill a battery by storing it in your Phantom. I'm guessing that's the last battery you used and you stored it when it was nearly depleted.

Good to know storing battery in the phantom is okay. Lesson learned. Heres hoping they do that 2 for 1 battery promo again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen