Dead battery

Reaction score
Hi there,
New Phantom 4 Pro user here.Just got my drone delivered today. Very excited to try it only to discover that the new battery that came with won't charge. When I checked it to see if it's got any juice, it lit for a second or so and then nothing. Tried every outlet in my house the output being the same. Do you guys have any suggestion about how to get this battery revived?
Thanks for your time.

Keep it connected to charger for about an hour and see if it builds any charge.

The only solutions is send it back... never will work , also if you use various trick.
...and then you will use your drone with a resurrected battery? If the battery fail on flyght, bye bye drone!

Hi there,
New Phantom 4 Pro user here.Just got my drone delivered today. Very excited to try it only to discover that the new battery that came with won't charge. When I checked it to see if it's got any juice, it lit for a second or so and then nothing. Tried every outlet in my house the output being the same. Do you guys have any suggestion about how to get this battery revived?
Thanks for your time.

Bummer. Batteries are no laughing matter. While I'd be tempted to try anything to get a battery up and flying I'd be wondering even more why it isn't charging. It should have left the factory with a small charge and it should charge w/o issue on landing at your house.

I'd contact DJI and even if you get it to charge, not use the battery w/o their written instructions to do so. Better, be patient, order a separate battery while you sort this out with DJI.

I have a P4P coming and I dread something like what you're seeing happening to me. I have terminal impatience with new things.

I agree with the thinking so far that: if in question, it should go back immediately. Seriously, just think of the energy needed to fly.. say 3 miles out over a lake (could you throw 3 pounds that far?) and thats not even half of what its got fully charged.

Last edited:
I only post this because you are clearly a new forum user and likely new to DJI, but you do know that it take two pushes on the battery to turn it on. Press let go, press hold, then let go.
Taken from the manual:
23014430af7ed0403ccbe731f4435815.jpg

Last edited:
I only post this because you are clearly a new forum user and likely new to DJI, but you do know that it take two pushes on the battery to turn it on. Press let go, press hold, then let go.
Taken from the manual:

A Doh! moment... but I assumed he didn't see the lights do their thing during the charge.

ie: You don't need to turn it on to charge it. During charge the lights all light up ...

Taken from the manual:
Thanks Traveler...
I've watched tons of tutorials about DJI drones including powering up the drone and the battery...
It was not the case here. The battery just didn't do anything...

True, you don't need to turn it on for charging, unless it is 95% charged out of the box. Admittedly that would not be the norm for DJI to shop a charged battery, but in the OP's original, he said it lit for a moment, but never said how many lights were lit. At best it was a hope for the OP that it was something simple. Could still be a case of a hibernating battery, so the OP may also want consult the manual for that.
Best of luck to the OP!

True, you don't need to turn it on for charging, unless it is 95% charged out of the box. Admittedly that would not be the norm for DJI to shop a charged battery, but in the OP's original, he said it lit for a moment, but never said how many lights were lit. At best it was a hope for the OP that it was something simple. Could still be a case of a hibernating battery, so the OP may also want consult the manual for that.
Best of luck to the OP!
Only the first led lit up.

Yes. The controller charges normally.

Then with regret it sound like a bad battery and an exchange is needed. That is too bad because now you have to deal with DJI and they are not always the best at customer service. My first P3 had a damages controller and they refused to exchange it. They said I had to return the entire unit for service, so I purchased a new one and refunded the first one. It tied up some funds, but it was the fastest way and I didn't buy new to have it repaired. The last thing I can think for you to try is find someone or a shop/store near you that can test your battery on a different charger.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck.
Cheers

Yes. The controller charges normally.

Here is what is said about hibernation:

The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. When in hibernation mode, if you try to power on the battery, the battery power LED will show a solid red light and the battery level LEDs will all be off. You cannot manually turn off the battery power LED in this state. Leave the battery unattended for 5 minutes, and then the light will turn off. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.

Then with regret it sound like a bad battery and an exchange is needed. That is too bad because now you have to deal with DJI and they are not always the best at customer service. My first P3 had a damages controller and they refused to exchange it. They said I had to return the entire unit for service, so I purchased a new one and refunded the first one. It tied up some funds, but it was the fastest way and I didn't buy new to have it repaired. The last thing I can think for you to try is find someone or a shop/store near you that can test your battery on a different charger.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck.
Cheers
I've got the drone through an authorized DJI reseller. I've got in touch with them and they told me to sent the battery back to them which I did already. They are suppose to fill in a report and forward it to DJI and then got the replacement. A 2 weeks period of the time the guy said. Anyway I told him that I will leave the country to this coming Friday and I needed the battery as I wanna take the drone with me. Fortunately he already sent me a replacement which should be here tomorrow. So I think I was lucky...

Here is what is said about hibernation:

The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. When in hibernation mode, if you try to power on the battery, the battery power LED will show a solid red light and the battery level LEDs will all be off. You cannot manually turn off the battery power LED in this state. Leave the battery unattended for 5 minutes, and then the light will turn off. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.
I left the battery unattended while charging for couple of hours. Nothing happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31