Deactivation of firmware upgrade warning

Reaction score
Hi there,

I own a P3S.
I was wondering if there is a way to deactivate firmware upgrade warning into DJI GO.
For example : if I'm in 1.5.7 firmware, as 1.6.8 is available, DJI will warn me about it :
- into the splash screen of DJI GO (OK, no problem about it)
- but ALSO during the flight, with a big red warning at the middle top of the screen, which is really annoying

Assuming I don't want to upgrade to the latest firmware, how can I deactivate this upgrade warning?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Julien

Don't think so, I would if knew how. I only get that warning when the unit is warming up, once is safe to fly I don't at least I don't remember. :rolleyes:.
Maybe if loose signal while flying?

Rod

I get it when booting up but dont remember seeing it when flying, i would rather not do update as happy with it as is

The way i see it a firmware update is optional, if the quad is working fine on a firmware set up why change it

@ShivarenoP3 said,
"HOWEVER, I got the "device locked FW required" message when I attempted to auto take off and manually take off."
Which is the most reliable firmware release

I thought he couldn't take off Auto or Manually. (Device Locked). Hopefully he will give us a yes or no.

Have you ever seen Device Locked?

Rod

The way i see it a firmware update is optional, if the quad is working fine on a firmware set up why change it

That is certainly an option. However, I'll mention this as I've done before.... everyone thinks their Phantom is working just fine.... until something goes wrong. Firmware updates may add things that help and that you don't see until something is wrong. For example, when the battery is 25C you now see a warning. When it's a little lower you see a warning that the proposition is set lower as the battery is cold. If you don't have this firmware you never know if this issue... until something goes wrong.

Just something I'm mentioning.

@ShivarenoP3 said,
"HOWEVER, I got the "device locked FW required" message when I attempted to auto take off and manually take off."
Which is the most reliable firmware release

I thought he couldn't take off Auto or Manually. (Device Locked). Hopefully he will give us a yes or no.

Have you ever seen Device Locked?

Rod
No, i have not had the "device locked", you have me thinking i should do a FW update, but with my luck it would go wrong and i would end up with a useless quad

Not me, I am at 1.5.7, 1.6.8 came out about two days before the shipped it back, never again.

Rod

Reactions: apollo64
so your sticking to 1.5.7 pretty sure thats the one i am on

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic