Dbsmods.com is absolutely the best in long range antennas

Love this antenna - over 5 mile range

View attachment 27822

That is awesome, I'm going away in December and would love to have the DBS, in fact I'm going to send them an email now and see what the turn around time is for sending a controller from the London UK to US and them to fit it and send back to London UK.

Also can this fit in the Original DJI hard case back pack?

Can I have 2 controllers? one with DBS and one without?

That is awesome, I'm going away in December and would love to have the DBS, in fact I'm going to send them an email now and see what the turn around time is for sending a controller from the London UK to US and them to fit it and send back to London UK.

Yeah you can have 2 controllers . There's several people who have decided to have one stock and one long range controller.

Yeah you can have 2 controllers . There's several people who have decided to have one stock and one long range controller.

How do I pair another controller and would I need to always pair them before each flight?

How do I go about getting in touch with the person who does all the installs of the DBS?

I definitely want to do this lol

Dbsmods.Com is where to order and he is always quick to answer questions. As far as the two controllers I'm not 100 percent sure on that. Hopefully someone who does can answer that .

Dbsmods.Com is where to order and he is always quick to answer questions. As far as the two controllers I'm not 100 percent sure on that. Hopefully someone who does can answer that .

Want to send him a message via 'contact info' tab, do I send it to sales or support?

Also anyone else can answer my below question.

How do I pair another controller and would I need to always pair them before each flight?

neither fpvlr or dbs mods modded controller will fit in the dji hardshell back pack.. I bought a large camera pouch on ebay for $20 to carry the rc.. it also carries my mini 2 as it doesnt fit in the back pack either due to an acme made skinny sleeve I have it in (it adds just too much bulk).

Its a great option IMO and it frees up more room in the backpack, very easy to carry both.
IMG_3429.JPG

Last edited:
No worries, just take your time with it (Im sure you planned too) and keep an

neither fpvlr or dbs mods modded controller will fit in the dji hardshell back pack.. I bought a large camera pouch on ebay for $20 to carry the rc.. it also carries my mini 2 as it doesnt fit in the back pack either due to an acme made skinny sleeve I have it in (it adds just too much bulk).

Its a great option IMO and it frees up more room in the backpack, very easy to carry both.View attachment 27852

I can take off the DBS brackets holding the panel and re-assemble if needed rite?

Or I can just do what your doing and have a camera bag and carry on which is not a biggie, will use the DBS mod just when abroad or in the countryside.

I currently have the DIY antenna extender mod and it works good, just need one for longer range and plus will have 2 controllers (1 stock and 1 with DBS).

Want to send him a message via 'contact info' tab, do I send it to sales or support?

You will need to pair your remote for each flight. As for modifying the remote, it is not really difficult to do it yourself. I am not a DIY guy but with the right tools, it is not that difficult. Depending on your level of confidence.

You can contact chuck or have it done here in the UK by a authorised Itelite antenna retailer. You will have your controller modded in a few days and back with you. PM me for details if interested.

I fit my quad and controller in the DJI back pack (not hard shell). Same bag is sold by manfrotto for £199 or Kai for less than £100. Perfect as I carry 2 spare batteries, DJI controller with antenna installed all in a compact back pack.

I can take off the DBS brackets holding the panel and re-assemble if needed rite?

Or I can just do what your doing and have a camera bag and carry on which is not a biggie, will use the DBS mod just when abroad or in the countryside.

I currently have the DIY antenna extender mod and it works good, just need one for longer range and plus will have 2 controllers (1 stock and 1 with DBS).

Yep either antenna system will detach but my thinking is I still have to find a home for the antennas if I elect to detach them each time. Also i prefer to not screw/unscrew antennas hundreds of times as it will result in a degree of wear and tear.

You will need to pair your remote for each flight. As for modifying the remote, it is not really difficult to do it yourself. I am not a DIY guy but with the right tools, it is not that difficult. Depending on your level of confidence.

Just checked the DIY video on DBS website and I'm actually really good at this stuff, I have done pretty big jobs ranging from stripping a V8 engine in front of my house to changing iDrive parts in BMW's and coding them etc.

I also have the correct tools at home and luckily one of my uncle is a technical freak when it comes to electrical's and building all sorts of machines and modules.

I may just order the parts from DBS, still awaiting a reply from DBS as I sent them an email.

Just checked the DIY video on DBS website and I'm actually really good at this stuff, I have done pretty big jobs ranging from stripping a V8 engine in front of my house to changing iDrive parts in BMW's and coding them etc.

I also have the correct tools at home and luckily one of my uncle is a technical freak when it comes to electrical's and building all sorts of machines and modules.

I may just order the parts from DBS, still awaiting a reply from DBS as I sent them an email.

You should have no problems, just treat the ribbon cables delicately and keep yourself earthed to reduce risk of static

You can buy this antenna here in the UK. Same antenna as made by DBS Itelite. Unless you fancy paying the extra airmail postage and import charges I see no point by passing the UK distributor

Reactions: Fool 4 Flying
You can buy this antenna here in the UK. Same antenna as made by DBS Itelite. Unless you fancy paying the extra airmail postage and import charges I see no point by passing the UK distributor

Who sells it here in the UK?

Thank you

Reactions: Fool 4 Flying
Same antenna. You can even see the sticker on the back.

Are you sure this does the same?

They are using the same footages from DBS website.

Thank you

Identical antenna. Same factory that makes it in Poland. I have 3 antennas. One I bought from Michal directly from Poland, second I bought from DBS from the USA and the 3rd from the UK.

One is used on a phantom 3, another is used on a Inspire controller and the 3rd is mounted on a tripod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1