DBS vs FPVLR for P3P

DBS vs FPVLR(advanced)

• DBS

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • FPVLR

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So I'm looking for better penetration as well as distance, which is better guys?

Thanks in advance.

Really depends on what you like asthetically.
I like the DBS (and have one) because its clean, easy and works.
FPLVR seems a bit more directional, like you need to be perfectly pointing it to your bird.
Both should give similar range.

Reactions: Johnny Chow
I agree with @dunginhawk

I think they might be similar in range. DBS knocked it out of the park with the mount on this thing though.

Best I have seen. Stainless steel. Spring loaded hinged side clips. Very sturdy and on and off easy.

20150726_095527.jpg

@2raaas Definitely DBSmods antenna!! I received my antenna yesterday and did my install today and took about 45mins and ran a pre and post test and all I can say is wwwwwwwww!!
20150728_182813.jpeg

Dbs looks good but wth are they thinking with those rf coax pigtails? Everyone seems to be getting that length

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438216908.109102.jpg

Here is a screenshot of a 4.7 mile flight at less than 200 feet altitude. No boosters, no junk. Just a simple clean install of the antenna mod for DBS Mods ITElite Antenna panel. Beauty is simplicity at its best.

A lot of these impressive distance results always seem to be located in the middle of nowhere as in no real threat of RF interference from signals like wifi or radio transmitting towers. I want to see someone doing a long run test but in a regular city that has the typical instances like what i just mentioned.

A lot of these impressive distance results always seem to be located in the middle of nowhere as in no real threat of RF interference from signals like wifi or radio transmitting towers. I want to see someone doing a long run test but in a regular city that has the typical instances like what i just mentioned.
Speak for yourself-- they shouldn't be doing long test runs in cities where there is real interference so the bird will lose connection only to crash where it will cause property damage, injury or death. Then the pilot will make the national news again-- to much of that crap going on now. IMHO

THis one isnt in the middle of nowhere but there are houses, trees, power lines, etc that could certainly cause interference. this video i hit 12000 feet.
just went out again, along the same lines and hit 14,200 feet. the DBS panel is really really good

@bobmyers What you should've told @phantom3menace stop complaining and buy one for himself and run all the test he's babbling about and post the results. It shouldn't matter if you live in the City, Rural ,Mountains, or Country. If you're getting better results with this upgrade thats all that should matter.

Great--with this upgrade, they will be able to fly in downtown Manhattan now and set some distance records. That's exactly what all us drone pilots need to be doing.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
This is also a public forum-- a great place to make these announcements.... you cant make it up if you tried.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
@bobmyers What you should've told @phantom3menace stop complaining and buy one for himself and run all the test he's babbling about and post the results. It shouldn't matter if you live in the City, Rural ,Mountains, or Country. If you're getting better results with this upgrade thats all that should matter.
in all due respect, it has nothing at all to do with the product. It does make a difference where we chose to fly.

Speak for yourself-- they shouldn't be doing long test runs in cities where there is real interference so the bird will lose connection only to crash where it will cause property damage, injury or death. Then the pilot will make the national news again-- to much of that crap going on now. IMHO
My phantom returns to home if it loses signal, it doesn't crash. Just get up to about 300' and it should be fine for a city test. Video goes away before control of the bird. Use RTH if needed, but that's unlikely.

A. I wasn't complaining about jack. Just laying out some suggestions.

B. I already had this kit but I chose to abort on the install because I didn't feel comfortable about reinstalling ribbon cables.

C. Know what you're talking about before you say anything.

D. Period.

@bobmyers That's totally understandable, and I wasn't trying to offend anyone here. I live in a heavy populated neighborhood with a crap load of wifi hot spots and plenty power lines and a massive a electrical power plant less than 388ft from my house. I think it's fair to say that everyone's results will be different. Again, I just feel if we're all getting a lot better results than with stock antennas thats all that matter.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
My phantom returns to home if it loses signal, it doesn't crash. Just get up to about 300' and it should be fine for a city test. Video goes away before control of the bird. Use RTH if needed, but that's unlikely.
There are unknowns when it returns to home-- like unknown obstacles between the P3 and the controller, like radio towers, water towers, local helicopters etc. The risks far outweigh the benefits. RTH is not 100% guarantee that the P3 will not crash-- Check in with the local PD or FAA and see if they think doing distance flight testing over a city is a good idea. I rest my case-- just my opinion and against local and federal regulations in some instances.

Cheers

Reactions: Kmullins87
@bobmyers That's totally understandable, and I wasn't trying to offend anyone here. I live in a heavy populated neighborhood with a crap load of wifi hot spots and plenty power lines and a massive a electrical power plant less than 388ft from my house. I think it's fair to say that everyone's results will be different. Again, I just feel if we're all getting a lot better results than with stock antennas thats all that matter.
I have no doubt that these are great add ons, and I will probably own one-- but it wont be used to fly over populated areas. :)

Reactions: Kmullins87

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj