DBS vs ARGtek

Well baby steps with mine, I'm out to 650 feet with flawless connection and video. My plan for what I'm doing is about 1000 feet, so far pretty happy with the argtek

You might have seen the post marty but one was having the same as you and he opened his TX and saw where the 5.8 cable was glued down but was just setting on that connecter if it was even touching it . Maybe that be your distance issue .I will try and find the thread as it was just the other day but worth looking if you haven't .

Added/ Here's the thread Unplugged 5.8 antenna
But this is what he found . I kinda think this might be the answer to a lot of these issue I have seen
since the Standard came out .
View attachment 43525

I maxed out at 2600 feet with that disconnected antenna fyi

I maxed out at 2600 feet with that disconnected antenna fyi
Wow, not bad. I couldn't get 500 feet with mine disconnected. That bad boy would just turn around and come home...LOL

Wow, not bad. I couldn't get 500 feet with mine disconnected. That bad boy would just turn around and come home...LOL
Not bad if it came back ;)

For sure. I am comfortable with RTH feature on my Standard, that's for sure. Tested it many times. Not on purpose...........:):dizzy:

You might have seen the post marty but one was having the same as you and he opened his TX and saw where the 5.8 cable was glued down but was just setting on that connecter if it was even touching it . Maybe that be your distance issue .I will try and find the thread as it was just the other day but worth looking if you haven't .

Added/ Here's the thread Unplugged 5.8 antenna
But this is what he found . I kinda think this might be the answer to a lot of these issue I have seen
since the Standard came out .
View attachment 43525
Cheers mate, No I hadn't seen it, off to have a read :)

Reactions: dirkclod
I received the ARGtek antenna this week.

I just got my P3S this past week as well so I will be taking it out with the stock OEM controller/antenna this weekend in an open environment to test the BEFORE results...

Then I will take it to the same environment after my installation of the ARGtek antenna and test the AFTER results.

I'll be posting my video results from this experiment next week, hopefully!

My location is Tampa, Florida.....I'll keep everyone posted :)

Reactions: rdzbarger
I got mine 3 days ago. Didn't have time. Argtek I meant

Reactions: toddsworld
I received the ARGtek antenna this week.

I just got my P3S this past week as well so I will be taking it out with the stock OEM controller/antenna this weekend in an open environment to test the BEFORE results...

Then I will take it to the same environment after my installation of the ARGtek antenna and test the AFTER results.

I'll be posting my video results from this experiment next week, hopefully!

My location is Tampa, Florida.....I'll keep everyone posted :)
Make sure you test at a certain height, as it's a major factor of range. Keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That skin is sweet! Might I ask where you got it and what the quality is?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here is mine.. Just installed. Took like 50mins. Well, there is no way i can do any test flight this long weekend. Way to windy and cold.

ArgTek antenna booster

Attachments

• DSC06812.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 729
Last edited:
Received mine yesterday, took about 40min to install, 20min just to get the old connectors off. Installation is really easy.
With standard antenna I could only get a max distance of 370m before the video would get all choppy and 422m before i lost signal and RTH would kick in. Off to my local oval and lost signal at 15m, WTF, back home i went, picked off the hot glue to find the connector was not seated correctly. Reconnected more hot glue and back down the oval. I fly at this oval quite a bit and know roughly where signal starts to drop. After 2 batteries results were impressive, video signal was strong to approx 480m and start to get a bit choppy at 540m and I lost video completely at 610m. Transmit signal was better than I was hoping for, full signal to 590m then slowly dropped till I lost signal at about 810m. This is in a semi urban area, I would expect abit further in an clear area. Not a huge improvment, but greatly increased signal strength to approx 650m and that is far enough for me. Well worth the money.

Reactions: martybabe
Not much in it but just the picture makes me wonder .

Had a look inside the Rc Today. It was particularly hard to separate the two halves and a peek inside revealed why.

The wire to the mini usb? outlet was glued directly on the main antenna connection, well stuck together. The connection for the antenna is loose but I'm not sure if it has become that way due to my prizing them apart.

In any event, the presence of a rogue wire stuck directly on the antenna terminal can't be good.

Glad you prompted me to have a squiz, will repair and fly Tomorrow. Cheers.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers