DBS vs ARGtek

Need some before and after for argtek p3s please!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got mine installed, no pictures since there is a good video of it. Took about 20 mins total to do. Took outside and much better response now. But the area I'm in is saturated with 2.4 WiFi so need to take it out to the Desert and film the horses running around. That will be a good indicator of how it works.

Got mine installed, no pictures since there is a good video of it. Took about 20 mins total to do. Took outside and much better response now. But the area I'm in is saturated with 2.4 WiFi so need to take it out to the Desert and film the horses running around. That will be a good indicator of how it works.
Did you see any difference in range? I understood about lot of interference but did you see more range or stability at least?

I only have flown in the neighborhood so its only been out to about 400' and as high as 125'

Yes the signals were rock solid during that time and video was no longer choppy at that distance. For flying around where I live its a big improvement. I"m anxious to get out of town and try it out. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Here are some after pics with and without the antenna's installed

And a before with old antenna next to the P3S

Attachments

• IMG_20160206_152854.jpg
    IMG_20160206_152854.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,515
  • IMG_20160206_152905.jpg
    IMG_20160206_152905.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,481
  • IMG_20160206_152917.jpg
    IMG_20160206_152917.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,398
  • IMG_20160206_152947.jpg
    IMG_20160206_152947.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,362
  • bomber drone.jpg
    bomber drone.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,349
I only have flown in the neighborhood so its only been out to about 400' and as high as 125'

Yes the signals were rock solid during that time and video was no longer choppy at that distance. For flying around where I live its a big improvement. I"m anxious to get out of town and try it out. Maybe tomorrow morning.
Cool sir

in terms of dbi and distance, dbs is obviously stronger than the argtek and overall better antenna. however, it depends what you are going for.

if you want the furthest distance, dont mind spending an extra $30 bucks, then dbs would be your answer (you dont have to drill for the dbs if you dont want to, just ask for longer wires when you order so you can run the wires out the antenna hole).

if you aren't looking for the furthest distance, but maybe something a little stronger than the stock antenna to get better connections on shorter flights, and want to save some money, then the other option would be better.

a lot of people have ordered argtek in the last week, but the only person that posted results were kind of underwhelming in terms of distance as my old p3s stock was going further than theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
dissapointing.. i was hoping for double my distance with argtek.. i get average 500-600m in open areas and 300m in residential areas.. I would love to see 1-1.5km with strong signal with argtek..

For me I have no desire to fly out a mile so the ARGtek works out fine. Plus as mentioned don't have to drill holes

yes that cool, price is cool as well as it's half the price of the dbs.. but well i guess argtek is my only choice here.

For me I have no desire to fly out a mile so the ARGtek works out fine. Plus as mentioned don't have to drill holes
Exactly my feelings as well. I just want a stronger signal for the local flying. I wanted to get a stronger video signal. Mine gets a little flakey as I get out farther sometimes. It all depends on the weather for me. I will see how this works. If it gives me just enough to make me happy, then it was money well spent. If it don't, then I am just one keg of beer short this year....lol. I pay 105.00 for a keg.

Mike

Reactions: azpilot61
What about for the p3pro ? Or is this only for the standard and 4K

Just the Standard / 4K :)

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
what about the hardshell backpack does the remote fits in?

Have no clue, I don't have a hardshell backpack. But here it is in my soft backpack

Attachments

• backpack.jpg
    backpack.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,071
Last edited:
is ARGtek less directional than DBS?

I don't think so, either way you should be pointing towards the UAS and not away from it.

Is there anywhere that has more info on the ARGtek system ? They do have a very similar system for the p3pro & advanced version and I'm trying to see how it stacks up against things like the dbs mod

My ARGtek is on a slow boat from china, can't wait. Unlike a lot of posters on here, I have never lost video signal but the RC signal can drop out as early as 150m. Especially annoying as I quite literally live in the middle of nowhere.

I flew the four points of the compass recently and RTH was auto initiated (due to signal loss) before 200 meters in all directions across open fields. :neutral:

My ARGtek is on a slow boat from china, can't wait. Unlike a lot of posters on here, I have never lost video signal but the RC signal can drop out as early as 150m. Especially annoying as I quite literally live in the middle of nowhere.

I flew the four points of the compass recently and RTH was auto initiated (due to signal loss) before 200 meters in all directions across open fields. :neutral:
You might have seen the post marty but one was having the same as you and he opened his TX and saw where the 5.8 cable was glued down but was just setting on that connecter if it was even touching it . Maybe that be your distance issue .I will try and find the thread as it was just the other day but worth looking if you haven't .

Added/ Here's the thread Unplugged 5.8 antenna
But this is what he found . I kinda think this might be the answer to a lot of these issue I have seen
since the Standard came out .
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: martybabe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj