Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DBS ver 3 mod for phantom 3 4k

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by snowy23, Jun 8, 2016.

1. snowy23

Hi all just got dbs kit for Phantom 3 4K wiring to ports from to board any pics !

2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's like doing a Pro/Adv other than the cables go to the bottom side and you have ribbons if you mess up ..well you have messed up .
    wifi unit.JPG the 2 cables to the right side are 2.4 and the one on top is 5.8 .
    I will try and find the video I used to go by when I did mine .

snowy23 likes this.
  3. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

This is what I watched to do mine . Now here he takes the cables out, I just cut mine and left the short pieces in but did take the antenna panels out .

I can't find another how to but know there is one .
    Now this is mine and if you have more questions ask but do watch the ribbons at the Wi-Fi unit !!
    IMG_4621.JPG

#3 dirkclod, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    snowy23 likes this.
  4. snowy23

Thanks bro will check it out when i get in from work.

dirkclod likes this.
  5. snowy23

Hi Dirkclod modded the transmitter, range is quiet erractic hit a max of 620 meters but most flights are no better that stock unit tryed different location goes from full transmitter/video signals to loss of signal/rth around 220 meters a bit dissapointing to say the least am i missing or over looked something !

6. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Well other than having your cable crossed ..like your 5.8 into a 2.4 port or you just haven't figured out how to aim that panel
    or not having one of the cables inside set right I'm not sure at the moment what to tell you . Is possible you have a bad TX as I have seen some have . Check and be sure your hooked up right and just keep trying . You certainly should be getting better than that .
    Is also possible one of your cables are bad . Have had new ones that weren't good ,switched em out and Bam .
    Now I'm in FCC mode but have hit 20,000' in a noise free area low so I know it works well .Took all my battery but it will do it .

Ohiowoodsman and snowy23 like this.
  7. snowy23

Will re/check cables tonight does the 5.8 go from port 1 to the bottom right corner of the tran module and the 2.4 to ports 2 and 3 a decent pic/diagram would be big help thanks.

8. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

wifi unit.JPG
    5.8 is the top one and goes to port 1 on panel . Other 2 are your 2.4's and go to port 2 and 3 .I haven't seen where it matters which but haven't had any issues .If I did I would switch them just to see .

9. snowy23

Big Thanks Dirkclod
    Had 5.8 cable wrong swaped it and took it out today to a different location and pleased to let you know i hit
    1860 meters both trans/vid signal well pleased there could be more by angling the antenna like you suggested
    once again thank you for all your advice.:)

dirkclod likes this.
  10. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad that worked out snowy and your welcome . Is easy to mix the cables up :)
    Don't ask how I know ;)

11. jeganx

Hello, I'm planning to get the dbs mod for my P3 4K, I see this as a great work around that 4K without lightbridge (of course lightbridge + dbs mod is something else, but even then, it's going to be limited by the battery limit.) Can I check how is the different in video feed before and after installing the dbs mod? Can it be compared to the lightbridge for FPV flying? How far do you fly and still get a good video feed? Thanks. I only use windsurfer and but still lose the video signal at around 300m and fly only using the googlemap. I live in a highly populated area with many BTS around.

#11 jeganx, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  12. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Not ever having Lightbridge I can't compare it to the P3 4K and have FPV as far as it will go and that here in my area is 3.5 to 4 miles .
    I have took mine over 20,000' but pushed the battery as far as it would go . Battery is the limit . That's just straight out and back .
    My feed is great but unlike where your at I have no wi-fi interference .
    There is no difference in the quality the before and after video signal with this panel or was not for me .

jeganx likes this.
  13. jeganx

Wow this is a great help. Thanks Dirkclod. I did post a new thread but was asking for more detail and will keep it atm if you don't mind.

dirkclod likes this.