DBS upgrade, improves RC or Video or both?

Reaction score
I got my P4, flew twice, everything is fine except range. I got 2000-3000 feet, and video start to drop.

I am thinking install some upgrades and found this DBS solution. I just don't know if it will improve both control radio and video signal? I am asking since I wonder if I want to improves video do l need to install something in the drone rather than in the controller.

Improves both... 4 miles with 5 bars each

be1eed794d18234860d4f294b0900f14.jpg
5d803f43515a2bdfc031f84977e7d5a6.jpg

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Cool! I will try it. I will be happy enough if it can reach 2 miles for my area.

If no hack works, l will have to sadly return /sell it.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Keep in mind this was done out in the countryside.... Wifi free.... Around town in a congested wifi area I get about 1.5 to 2 miles.... The rc looses connect first.... But I have full video on the p4 . My p3p is opposite ... Loose video before rc.... And also i modded the p3p gl300b controller not the p4s controller as these are mor powerful that the gl300c(the p4 controller)

Yeah understand, I usually fly in/near the city so am not expecting too much of a range but certainly 2000feet is too less. Well I 'd set my expectation to 1 mile. Will see. Thank you oblivie for the help.

Keep in mind this was done out in the countryside.... Wifi free.... Around town in a congested wifi area I get about 1.5 to 2 miles.... The rc looses connect first.... But I have full video on the p4 . My p3p is opposite ... Loose video before rc.... And also i modded the p3p gl300b controller not the p4s controller as these are mor powerful that the gl300c(the p4 controller)
People do not seem to be certain about that.

Same here about the rc losing connection before the video on the P4 and vice versa on the P3P. With the stock P4 GL300C rc, I lost rc at 6,700 feet with clear LOS at 400 feet! P3P flies out 3 miles over the same path at 200 feet!

The p3 remote being more powerful as the p4. It could be firmware how the p4 deals with interference, or it could be the receiving end in the drones themselfs.
According to the FCC ID#'s,
========================
WM330A P4 Aircraft
FCC ID: 2AHAY-WM3301601 .598 Watts v. 0.746 Watts on P3P W323 (80%)
GL300C
P4 Transmitter
FCC ID: SS3-GL3001510 .303 Watts v. 0.380 Watts on P3P GL300A (80%)
========================

That is not to say that the P4 isn't otherwise also crippled by interference, but there is no dispute that its power outputs are 20% less on both the aircraft video output and the stock remote control.

According to the FCC ID#'s,
========================
WM330A P4 Aircraft
FCC ID: 2AHAY-WM3301601 .598 Watts v. 0.746 Watts on P3P W323 (80%)
GL300C
P4 Transmitter
FCC ID: SS3-GL3001510 .303 Watts v. 0.380 Watts on P3P GL300A (80%)
========================

That is not to say that the P4 isn't otherwise also crippled by interference, but there is no dispute that its power outputs are 20% less on both the aircraft video output and the stock remote control.
Yeah, that's good solid info, the guy defending DJI the other day was saying the P4 controller was actually putting out a nominal amount of more power, it was small but he seemed knowledgeable

Yeah, that's good solid info, the guy defending DJI the other day was saying the P4 controller was actually putting out a nominal amount of more power, it was small but he seemed knowledgeable
it might be true.....These tests are probaly done on the final product and not repeated. By firmware you can limit the amount of power it transmits....Dji could just apply more power through firmware. We will not know for sure until we test it out with 2 stock remotes. I will do this on thursday or friday or if bad luck on saturday.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
it might be true.....These tests are probaly done on the final product and not repeated. By firmware you can limit the amount of power it transmits....Dji could just apply more power through firmware. We will not know for sure until we test it out with 2 stock remotes. I will do this on thursday or friday or if bad luck on saturday.
Unfortunately, lol I mean by all looks and accounts, they aren't more but less power......

I've said this before, I wonder if it's the fact the P4 not only using different materials (definitely feels like a better stronger plastic, and looks higher quality) but also the antenna wires are completely covered on the P4 where on the others they're open or bared in certain spots. I know from experience that any antenna that's left partly uncovered (or open) is better for the signal. Um, on some helicopters I've had, the manufacturer actually stated how to wind the antenna around the landing skids, meaning, you know, don't cover them or definitely don't cut them shorter.

We also know the length of antenna is extremely important, on everything from CB or citizens band radios, to RC devices to transmission signals. I'm going to go out to over a mile (across the lake which is like 1.5miles in my noisy area here when the weather breaks. I've not lost signal or video yet. (Knock on wood) But have gotten nervous anytime any pixelation or video noise has occurred and turned around, I'm also using a P3 RC with a DBS mod. If I can do the mile and a half, that's more then I think I'd ever do under any circumstances, so I'll be fine with that in these conditions. If I get out to my aunts in AZ and visit again I will certainly try for serious distance.

Reactions: Jussaguy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl