Dbs testing tomorrow... expectations

Reaction score
so going to finally get to test my dbs tomorrow, going to go to part of the forest.

Is there a average range that people get that I should expect?

I know it's kind of a Difficult one because ther s so many variables.

But what's the minimum I should be happy with?

I went 1 mile and could have kept going.

When you say "forest", do you mean you are going to stand in the middle of a bunch of trees? That'll kill your distance too.

I went 1 mile and could have kept going.

When you say "forest", do you mean you are going to stand in the middle of a bunch of trees? That'll kill your distance too.

I'd be happy with a mile but would like 1.5 minimum.

I'm going here. Earth view it see what you think.

Google Maps

I'd be happy with a mile but would like 1.5 minimum.

I'm going here. Earth view it see what you think.

Google Maps

Ohh nice. I'm assuming you be heading East from your pinned spot? Looks like about the clearest route.

If that doesn't work, it looks like you are pretty close to the English channel. Drive down there and send that sucker half way to France. LOL

Reactions: Dazzauk
Ohh nice. I'm assuming you be heading East from your pinned spot? Looks like about the clearest route.

If that doesn't work, it looks like you are pretty close to the English channel. Drive down there and send that sucker half way to France. LOL

Ha ha. Yeah east is the plan. Looks nice and clear and it's straight and it's long. If my test goes well I want to see if I can fly across this: Google Maps

And then see how far I can get from the beach here to the Isle of Wight Google Maps

Have you magic power also? With just the dbs CE area i was getting 900m, 300m without. With magic power at 24dbi i got 1900m.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the magic power downloaded to the iMac. Not yet installed. Ones test at a time lol.

Reactions: FlyingJello
Have you magic power also? With just the dbs CE area i was getting 900m, 300m without. With magic power at 24dbi i got 1900m.

You could safely crank that up to 27dbm. The equipment is designed for it, so why not?

900 metres doesn't sound like a massive difference. Isn't that the supposed maximum distance in the U.S from a standard antenna.

Ha ha. Yeah east is the plan. Looks nice and clear and it's straight and it's long. If my test goes well I want to see if I can fly across this: Google Maps

And then see how far I can get from the beach here to the Isle of Wight Google Maps

Just keep the panel pointed at the drone the entire time. It's hard, especially if you are with someone else and you turn towards them to say "What?".

Just keep the panel pointed at the drone the entire time. It's hard, especially if you are with someone else and you turn towards them to say "What?".

Directional :)

I guess it's more inportant the further away you get.

I also know that you can bounce the signal off of buildings :) so you could turn 90 degrees and bounce your signal to the phantom :)

Reactions: JohnnyB
I did just over 2 miles (10,608 ft.) yesterday over the frozen lake. No drop in video signal or disconnect. I chickened out. Wanted to make sure it made it back with battery to spare. Think I still had 37% on landing. ;)
2 miles.jpg

Last edited:
I did just over 2 miles (10,608 ft.) yesterday over the frozen lake. No drop in video signal or disconnect. I chickened out. Wanted to make sure it made it back with battery to spare. Think I still had 37% on landing. ;)

That's awesome. I'm thinking because I'm in the uk and as of yet have not installed the magic power I will not get that range but we will see lol

That's awesome. I'm thinking because I'm in the uk and as of yet have not installed the magic power I will not get that range but we will see lol
I don't have MP but, I think that is for standard and advanced?

In my sig...P3P

Oh ok, so the fact you got 2 miles doesn't really help my expectations then with a standard lol :)
Hehe...hard to say but, let's hope you get all that and then some! ;)

900 metres doesn't sound like a massive difference. Isn't that the supposed maximum distance in the U.S from a standard antenna.
It was posted long time ago in thread, "range mod lets do it together",an email reply from DJI to the OP that CE area was newly restricted to 300m,not 500 as advertised. 300m is what i was getting stock.
A boost to 900m was as DBS claimed,three times the distance improvement. So i was happy with that(not really... then along came magic power) :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20