Dbs or Fpvlr?

Make sure your downstream bit rate is set to 4mbps, not 10mbps. That helps a lot. I think any firmware update to the RC will reset the Go app to 10mbps (makes no sense to me), so double check.
I have the one-piece foil vacuumed printed Windsurfer and have had very good luck in my heavily forrested pine tree 'hood and I also have the FPVLR antennae without the boosters. My experience is pretty muck like others in forest land but the FPVLR works great through the pine trees. For some reason that is too technical for me to understand the pine trees are supposedly the worst of all trees in trying to penetrate. As it was explained to me the needles somehow scramble the signal more like trying to go through a metal window screen. While I don't get twice the distance with the FPVLR antennae versus the Windsurfer I do get around 5800' if I fly NE with the Windsurfer and and around 9000' with the unboosted FPVLR antennae.

That's at 400' AGL which wouldn't be so great for whale watching. At 100' I'm limited to about 1/2 a mile. But you should be getting a lot better than what you're getting over open water if you are flying from the coast and not through trees. I've also noticed that there are different results on different days. Using Litchi waypoints I sometimes have to raise the remote higher to keep clear video at the outskirts of where I fly where on some days it goes to the same waypoint with no problem. I have obtained a 10' RG-58 cable extension I'm going to mount on a piece of PVC pipe and see how that works out with the FPVLR antennae. A very slight cable loss but hopefully better video.and it should be easier to orient towards the Phantom 3 as I can rotate the antenna without being contorted trying to view the screen without the sky reflections and aligning the antennae. I've seen some that lose controller signal before video but I've never had that problem. I lose video and still have 90-100% on the controller side. Sometimes just moving position 30-50' laterally can make a difference.

BTW I also have the HeadPlay goggles but I just can't get used to the thing being on my head and am not comfortable using it. It does solve the sky reflection though and much easier to see what's going on with the numbers. Using a Shield tablet's HDMI out means I can see the same screen as the tablet rather than the limited data with the add-on HDMI out on the remote. What I did was compromise and made a large hood for the tablet and so far it's worked good for my 73 year old eyes.
try these I am 60 + , i luv em ,, replace the lens is easy , use your prescription GO HERE ( RHO-LENS.com ) . made in germany

I have the one-piece foil vacuumed printed Windsurfer and have had very good luck in my heavily forrested pine tree 'hood and I also have the FPVLR antennae without the boosters. My experience is pretty muck like others in forest land but the FPVLR works great through the pine trees. For some reason that is too technical for me to understand the pine trees are supposedly the worst of all trees in trying to penetrate. As it was explained to me the needles somehow scramble the signal more like trying to go through a metal window screen. While I don't get twice the distance with the FPVLR antennae versus the Windsurfer I do get around 5800' if I fly NE with the Windsurfer and and around 9000' with the unboosted FPVLR antennae.

That's at 400' AGL which wouldn't be so great for whale watching. At 100' I'm limited to about 1/2 a mile. But you should be getting a lot better than what you're getting over open water if you are flying from the coast and not through trees. I've also noticed that there are different results on different days. Using Litchi waypoints I sometimes have to raise the remote higher to keep clear video at the outskirts of where I fly where on some days it goes to the same waypoint with no problem. I have obtained a 10' RG-58 cable extension I'm going to mount on a piece of PVC pipe and see how that works out with the FPVLR antennae. A very slight cable loss but hopefully better video.and it should be easier to orient towards the Phantom 3 as I can rotate the antenna without being contorted trying to view the screen without the sky reflections and aligning the antennae. I've seen some that lose controller signal before video but I've never had that problem. I lose video and still have 90-100% on the controller side. Sometimes just moving position 30-50' laterally can make a difference.

BTW I also have the HeadPlay goggles but I just can't get used to the thing being on my head and am not comfortable using it. It does solve the sky reflection though and much easier to see what's going on with the numbers. Using a Shield tablet's HDMI out means I can see the same screen as the tablet rather than the limited data with the add-on HDMI out on the remote. What I did was compromise and made a large hood for the tablet and so far it's worked good for my 73 year old eyes.
I love my head play ! try a New lens , RHO-lens.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31