DBS or FPVLR? again...

So what does the inside of dbs antennas look like and are either of these dbs or fpvlr made to handle amps or is amps a bad idea and should I just do a bird side antenna upgrade? If bird side how does the standard bird side antennas work and what would be best cost effective way to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Basically it uses antennas similiar to the wi-fi antennas on the standard or vision plus
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453293808.821597.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453293817.789829.jpg

I have tried these but they don't match the panel IMG_4158.JPG Have them reversed and on front skid on other side .
Works good with the stage 2 on my TX with the matching stage 2 but Tony told me that wouldn't work as they didn't match
the panel .

anyone ever took apart a DBS panel? wondering what's in side. What are you getting and is there a better panel?

anyone ever took apart a DBS panel? wondering what's in side. What are you getting and is there a better panel?
I have seen one in here and looked the other day but couldn't find it . Think it was in P2V+ antenna mods .
Has 3 panels in it .1-5.8 and 2-2.4's .

I have seen one in here and looked the other day but couldn't find it . Think it was in P2V+ antenna mods .
Has 3 panels in it .1-5.8 and 2-2.4's .

So you use birdside mod antennas, what do you feel is a good middle range upgrade that's still some what compact? Or is the stock bird side antennas ok or weak in your opinion?

So you use birdside mod antennas, what do you feel is a good middle range upgrade that's still some what compact? Or is the stock bird side antennas ok or weak in your opinion?
For the money I like the itelite and if you want more than what range you get with just that then I would add the birdsides .
Or try the FPVLR .
I don't think the stock bird antennas are really weak I just wanted more .

Reactions: GodFear17
Is there a verdict? Which is better? Money not considered. I'm going to upgrade mine. I was leaning more to one the the other. I need 2-3 miles to get the picture I want.

Verdict....only opinions and you choose .Read all the post in several threads asking this and if money is not considered....
Buy both as you can change them out . Everyone has different results .

Verdict....only opinions and you choose .Read all the post in several threads asking this and if money is not considered....
Buy both as you can change them out . Everyone has different results .
Perfect advise Dirkclod, if moneys is no prob then the question doesnt need to be asked. You should buy both and see for yourself. Its like my chick has to tell me sometimes "get off the forums and workbench and get out there and fly the **** thing"!

When you buy the dbs mod you get a YouTube tutorial link with it . I recommend that you install your antenna underneath . When you open your controller to do the mod . Undo your top bracket and turn it upside down this gives you good room if you have a mount for what ever tablet you have . The reason I mount under is most if not all Areias are directional so if your drone is up 1000 ft but your pointing your antenna forward then !!! Loss of signal . Hope the postures help in what I mean
4b427f34daba6de1840af5900cc934d1.jpg
a98dcd192ad88bdd8206661e334b8932.jpg
7f5155778310d483ddedffacba7614cd.jpg
876dadc8487d1a99bef774203390e85a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: STAINLESS
I think I read somewhere that people also upgrade the antennas on the dbs mod as well to get even better range is their any truth to this???

I think cables on these are gonna make a big difference in performance. Think i'm gonna try dbs, but going to use very high quality cables inside the controller and outside.

Reactions: dirkclod
I did try the ones that came with the panel then changed them and did see a difference with mine . It just makes sense to use the best cables you can IMO . I think you will be pleased with what you see whichever way you go but them cables are like your blood vessels .

Reactions: GodFear17
If you have any links To good quality cables I would appreciate the shared knowledge.

Their are links to many places Quinten in here .I get stuff from FPVLR and got mine there when I got some other stuff but Amazon has them
also I beleave . As far as the short blue one's I use I got mine cheap here SMA male to RP-SMA male both right angle RF lot RG402 Semi Flexible blue Cable Some like them and some don't. I have not had any issues with mine yet but if I do I bought 2 sets being they come from China . There's lots of places that sell cables and not sure they don't all come from the same place :)

I did try the ones that came with the panel then changed them and did see a difference with mine . It just makes sense to use the best cables you can IMO . I think you will be pleased with what you see whichever way you go but them cables are like your blood vessels .

Yea i'm just thinking about how "noisy" it must be inside the radio controller, you got processor(s), power, power regulation, all inside then 3 antenna wires with their own set of issues and emi, good quality shielded cables is going to be a must to get "max" performance, just guessing here with my knowledge from the "marker" world... Can't wait to try it out

Reactions: dirkclod
Can't wait to see your results . It seems everyone gets different ones and not sure why other that the obvious ones
but will be watching :)

There is how to videos it take maybe 1 hour.as for antennas itelite all the way if you want to boost it Rex technology has all your needs.funny all this talk about Fpvlr and itelite well there is also iBcrazy.com readymade RC they sell 2.4 patch and helical antennas cross hair ,pepper box half the dam price.

Just to add a little here...I popped on over to DJI forums and am reading messages about people with P3A's (Lightbridge) often getting less than 1Km in residential areas. I say this because maybe 2.4 LB isn't all it's cracked up to be out of the box so to say. I'm sure they are getting that 3 miles out in the middle of nowhere but sounds like pretty similar range to what Dirkclod is getting and just a little better than panel alone (or FPVLR).

However, they too could of course add a panel and then it's a whole different story. :)
Well if your 300 feet up signal is ok these p3 flyers I am sure loose there LOS,building trees and distance play a big part so fly high.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl