DBS MODS ( THESE AMPS ??? )

Those are not the typical amps that pilots buy. I'd be worried about the battery. Do you have a battery already? If so, how do you know its plug will be the right size for the jack in that amp?

I wouldn't use those don't look right at all

Right thanks for that guys what the worst that could happen?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also is there an alternative to sunhans?

try them if they don't work just send them back I would go with sunhans myself

I've seen those amps somewhere before - I recognize the logo. Since you've got them coming, why don't you try to make them work and maybe you can break new ground, who knows? Your first challenge will be to power them. And btw, if you can't get them to work for your Phantom, you can use them for your router. You're in the UK right?

Yea dude UK. :) and yer I'll find a way to power them. And I'll gonna go get some serious mileage haha

Warning to those whom purchased amps for their drones. FCC Tiltle 47 Part 15 limits the power to 1 watt! Your antenna may not exceed 6db gain. Here is what the FCC states for violations:

The act of selling or leasing, offering to sell or lease, or importing a low-power transmitter that has not gone through the appropriate FCC equipment authorization procedure is a violation of the Commission's rules and federal law. Violators may be subject to an enforcement action by the
Commission's Field Operations Bureau that could result in:

o forfeiture of all non-compliant equipment
o $100,000/$200,000 criminal penalty for an individual/organization
o a criminal fine totalling twice the gross gain obtained from sales of the non-compliant equipment
o an administrative fine totalling $10,000/day per violation, up to a maximum of $75,000

Warning to those whom purchased amps for their drones. FCC Tiltle 47 Part 15 limits the power to 1 watt! Your antenna may not exceed 6db gain. Here is what the FCC states for violations:

The act of selling or leasing, offering to sell or lease, or importing a low-power transmitter that has not gone through the appropriate FCC equipment authorization procedure is a violation of the Commission's rules and federal law. Violators may be subject to an enforcement action by the

o a criminal fine totalling twice the gross gain obtained from sales of the non-compliant equipment
o an administrative fine totalling $10,000/day per violation, up to a maximum of $75,000

The people with the means and the smarts to implement amps are generally smart enough to not cause any problems that would bring negative attention to themselves or the hobby, at least from what I have seen so far.

Reactions: Jordanhess0319

So the most it would cost me is $175,000? Not bad. Totally worth it.

Not to be funny UK Law only allows 1 watt amps too but I just imported a couple of 3 watts sunhans customs had no problems with it.

Hey guys, I have bought x2 of these boosters off ebay Link below, Just wondering what these will be like linked unto my dbs mods kit on my phantom 3 Advanced ??

Heres the Link :

2 PCS 5W 2 4GHz TDD Wifi Wireless Broadband Wifi Booster Extender Signal Booster | eBay

many thanks
Yeah I got a couple of those Lee they work just fine. They are heavier, the parts are cheaper made. But they work just as well and use the same booster batteries. In fact Tony from FPVLR
Is now selling those on his site instead of Sunhans brand (probably because he can buy them cheaper)
Don't expect any more out of the 5 W than you would get out of a 2.5 to 3 W of any other brand though

The people with the means and the smarts to implement amps are generally smart enough to not cause any problems that would bring negative attention to themselves or the hobby, at least from what I have seen so far.

The biggest issue is most of the amps are not FCC certified or licensed. Technically, most of them are not legal for sales in the US. They can easily cause interference with many devices to include "amateur radio". If you have an Amateur radio license, they can use more than 1 watt of power and they also can easily locate an device that radiates an RF signal legal or not.

http://i.imgur.com/1gmGRrT.jpg

I have those exact amps and they have done NOTHING! I got no extra range in several antenna setups including with the DBS02 antenna (which I love). I even tried to hook one of these amps up to my Wi-Fi router since I could use a little more signal strength and still NO INCREASE IN POWER NOTED. I think they may actually diminish my signal a bit. When using the amps with the Phantom, I could only go as far as I did without them but when I lost signal I was in the dark for a few minutes before I got signal back. My drone was already 3-4 minutes into the RTH flight when I finally got signal back. Like I said I bought two of the exact same "blackbird amps" check my posts here. I had high hopes but I quickly realized they have no effect other than making my controller heavy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj