DBS Mods = Power!!!

Just received mine today for the P3A from Pacific Coast Hobbies through Ebay. I will be doing the mod myself, following along with instructional video on DBS website. It looks fairly easy to do & I cant wait to send this thing out to great range!

Has Anyone heard or have any info on a battery mod by DBS?? It seems they will be the next obstacle for further flight from the P3's

Just received mine today for the P3A from Pacific Coast Hobbies through Ebay. I will be doing the mod myself, following along with instructional video on DBS website. It looks fairly easy to do & I cant wait to send this thing out to great range!

Has Anyone heard or have any info on a battery mod by DBS?? It seems they will be the next obstacle for further flight from the P3's

I believe here in the UK a company does similar mod to the battery.

Costs £79 ($121) or so per battery, I have 4 thinking if I should do it....but then again where I live I can hardly do the 5+ miles that can be achieved as I live in the heart of London.
However I do travel abroad a lot and sceptical but then I'm thinking of buying the i1 and become 2 minded again.

I know Mohan here on the board has done it and also has videos of him going the distant with the mod.

Reactions: BlueVolt
Apologies if it's been answered before, but does this mod effect the remote controller batteries much? Like drain them faster?

Apologies if it's been answered before, but does this mod effect the remote controller batteries much? Like drain them faster?

Not at all sir... just more sensitive/directional antenna package... passive element... does not change power consumption on controller whatsoever.

DBS, Remember to ship mine out first!!

Will do sir... wouldn't want the COps mad at me :cool:

We have tracking showing antennas arriving in Miami Tuesday ... everything should be out and moving to backorder customers by end of day Wednesday September 2nd.

Big thanks to everyone who stuck it out on the backorder... you guys are the greatest!! :mad:

And your emails have been hilarious and fun to read through all these days... thank you for all the kind words :)

I did to! But you will be glad you did. They are of better quality and thicker. Its certainly an upgrade from the ones that comes with it. There now shipping shorter, but not better.

So would it be beneficial to install better cables both outside and in? Has anyone installed anything beside the included cables inside? I just did my mod yesterday and of course the weather turned so I haven't had much but a short test flight.

I did to! But you will be glad you did. They are of better quality and thicker. Its certainly an upgrade from the ones that comes with it. There now shipping shorter, but not better.
Got the link for these?

Sprague is the Resident Expert here on Photography and Video:):):):)

The man is a legend... crazy to think about the places that guy has been.

We are back up and in stock as of tomorrow morning y'all... orders are normal mow, shipping next day .

I will take down all the backorder text on the site later today.

have any one had issues with video quality being poor after installing the dbs antenna. also I'm only getting 2800 feet after antenna and was getting 1800 feet before. its better but ppl here are talking about going much further. i have the p2v+. thanks for any input

Can this mod be stored in a Go Professional Case or does it need to be removed? Thanks!

have any one had issues with video quality being poor after installing the dbs antenna. also I'm only getting 2800 feet after antenna and was getting 1800 feet before. its better but ppl here are talking about going much further. i have the p2v+. thanks for any input
I had issues with video after install but opened the controller and found the RF connection for video improperly connected. Now my longest run in rural timbered country is 15,000ft and only had to turn back because of low battery - signal was still great. Amazing mod for @$100.

Reactions: bobmyers
I had issues with video after install but opened the controller and found the RF connection for video improperly connected. Now my longest run in rural timbered country is 15,000ft and only had to turn back because of low battery - signal was still great. Amazing mod for @$100.

Out of curiousity which rf connector is that?

I thought it does not matter which one you connect to as long as both are connected properly.

Out of curiousity which rf connector is that?

I thought it does not matter which one you connect to as long as both are connected properly.
The one in the middle of the controller feeds the video. Although I just saw you were talking about the P2 and my experience was with my P3A. Likely the same RF port though.

The one in the middle of the controller feeds the video. Although I just saw you were talking about the P2 and my experience was with my P3A. Likely the same RF port though.

I have a P3, never had a P2.

But yeh I didnt know one was for fpv.

Good to know.

Thank you

The man is a legend... crazy to think about the places that guy has been.

We are back up and in stock as of tomorrow morning y'all... orders are normal mow, shipping next day .

I will take down all the backorder text on the site later today.
I have a pv2+ and just installed my dbs antenna I got last week and I'm not getting nearlay the distance other ppl are getting. I'm in Arizona and have no obstructions but I'm only getting 2600 feet before she starts loosing connection and then 3600 she starts to come home. What am I missing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers