DBS Mods = Power!!!

Just got mine installed. Have yet to test it out due to rain. It was a fairly easy install, the only annoying part was removing the old antenna's. That was a pain. Anyway, I quite enjoyed voiding my warranty!

Reactions: bobmyers
Hey Altanore, were you able to successfully remove antennas without destroying them or did you clip them like in the video? When mine get here I am going to try and remove them without dance if possible

Thanks!

Hey Altanore, were you able to successfully remove antennas without destroying them or did you clip them like in the video? When mine get here I am going to try and remove them without dance if possible

Thanks!
I clipped them like in the video but even then they still didn't want to come off easily. Also a tip, you don't need to open the antenna like in the video since we're not working with the inspire.

Reactions: bobmyers
Thank you sir! Much appreciated. Sounds like it will be super difficult to remove without clipping them.

Thank you sir! Much appreciated. Sounds like it will be super difficult to remove without clipping them.

Hell yeah bro... that's why I do mine that way.

There's a theory there... you're inside a $500 box of very fragile components and ribbon cables... the less struggling and fighting you do inside there, the greater chances for success... one slip while you are trying to force something and there goes a ribbon ... or slip across the mother board and there goes one of the bazillion micro soldered components... not worth it in my opinion.

The hell with those factory antennas ... I don't even try and fish the MMCX connectors through the maze to try to preserve anything... just chop the wires and pull them out gently and easily... especially that one on the right side all gooped together with the ribbon cable buried in silicone... screw that mess... choose the least invasive method and preserve the working controller.

Sacrifice the weak so the strong may live!!!

Love it, makes perfect sense. Least risk best outcome. Thanks again for all the questions you've answered for everyone, we all appreciate it!

Cheers!

Anyone having No Signal warning and loosing video sporadically for long chunk of times after the mod? It keeps going out and coming back and I am not even 30ft away.

You didn't connect something right or have a bad cable if you're loosing connection after 30 feet

Dude... it's quick connect... snaps onto the controller with spring tension... and wing nuts to the antenna for further breakdown portability... 2 minute setup or teardown if your slow and careful like me... eazy breazy bro.

But true story right there tho... some people don't even need a boost with the Lightbridge system working so well... all depends on the particular circumstances... build quality... cable routing and integrity... solder connections inside the stock antennas... so many factors need to align with the planets to have that perfect setup... rf is a fickle mistress

To be honest, between 32 channel mod and wind surfer type antenna you can make yourself for next to nothing or buy a fancy 3D printed version. I see little need for anything else. And you spare yourself fiddling with your RC unnecessarily.

Hell yeah bro... that's why I do mine that way.

There's a theory there... you're inside a $500 box of very fragile components and ribbon cables... the less struggling and fighting you do inside there, the greater chances for success... one slip while you are trying to force something and there goes a ribbon ... or slip across the mother board and there goes one of the bazillion micro soldered components... not worth it in my opinion.

The hell with those factory antennas ... I don't even try and fish the MMCX connectors through the maze to try to preserve anything... just chop the wires and pull them out gently and easily... especially that one on the right side all gooped together with the ribbon cable buried in silicone... screw that mess... choose the least invasive method and preserve the working controller.

Sacrifice the weak so the strong may live!!!
first i tried squeezing the two ends of the antenna together to pull it through the antenna hole.
this did not work.
so i took a razor blade and cut off the end of the antenna and puled it out.
worked for me.

Forget the distance (which was an easy 2.75 miles) my brand new DMB antenna booster powers the signal through very thick tree cover. In the past, once my P3P would get behind a thick stand of trees the signal would suffer. With the new antenna mod I never even as much as dropped a bar! HIGHLY recommend these guys if not simply from a safety stand point. I had them do the installation, I didn't have the guts to do it!
Hi Sprague, I visited your website and thought you might want to know that the Bio page has an error in it. The link took me to hitwproductions.com and that site shows only code. (user warning: MySQL server has gone away query: UPDATE cache SET data = 'a:2155:{s:12:\"webform_view\";a:7:{s:9:\"arguments\";a:5:) Cheers and thanks for sharing about the iterate antenna.

Hi Mangle! Thanks for checking it out! Yeah, that page is down as I've kind of stepped away from it. It was a pain in the *** keeping both pages going so HITW died on the vine. Hard to justify the work and $ of the page if only 8 people (now 9!) a year look at it!

Reactions: SENC
fitted this mod it was easy really as long as you have the right tools I haven't fully tested it yet

Hi John...

What tools do you consider essential to making this an easy installation.

I only needed a pair of generic tweezers for the HDMI board install, but I'd welcome any advice from someone who's completed this mod.

TIA.

:harry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers