DBS MODS ITELITE Antenna Installation Questions

I spoke to Pedro from itelite today and he said the new batch that's coming in will have shorter cables

As everyone is complaining the cables are too long why don't they supply shorter ones??? Come on DBS don't spoil an awesome mod - you aren't DJI.

Like I said in another thread... itelite produces and packages the product.
They are responding to the complaint from the few people who have and they are going with shorter cables in this production run.
Not "everyone" is complaining or this thread would have a thousand posts...
I myself requested 4 to 6 inch length when we were designing this product but I don't always get what I want... someone in engineering made this call.
And don't be like that and call things "spoiled"... people will always find ways to make things a bit better and the same goes here

Sorry if these questions have been asked / answered before regarding DIY installation of the DBMODS ITELITE antenna for the P3 controller:

1. When you installed the new mini coax wire for the new antenna did you lace the coax under the controller's main board (as was the original) or did you just lay it on top without bothering to re-route it as the original cables were done? (Seems I saw a post somewhere where the coax was just laid on top of the main board and this seemed to work fine.

2.How did you remove the external folding antenna "blades".

This antenna is on B/O now but I plan on ordering one when they return to stock next week..

TIA for any input,

:harry

Do it right follow this video it's the same as DBSmods install. Don't run on top or listen to lazy people ...do the job right..

Do it right follow this video it's the same as DBSmods install. Don't run on top or listen to lazy people ...

There is a specific reason for running the wires "on top"

And that is to avoid this twisted mess and provide more direct signal path...

You want to try to avoid kinks and bends and definitely avoid these loops in your antenna signal wiring...

Screenshot_2015-08-21-08-01-38.png

If you use shorter cables ... run them up and over... keep them in a nice sweeping arc ... and don't try to bend and route and fuss with the cables too much you will have a better chance at a successful install and max results from your setup with a clean path.
DSC03660_cr.jpg

The cables are stiff enough to hold themselves up out of the way and a couple strategically placed drops of hot glue near the MMCX connecter will insure they remain solid as well.

Great video.
I wasnt having a go at DBS - I said your MOD was amazing!!!
Just a tiny bit of attention to detail makes it PERFECT.
A question - instead of drilling holes in the case and voiding the guarantee can't you route the wires out through where the old aerials are?

Order a shorter cable for the outside. I ordered 2 off eBay for 7.00 total with free shipping.

@Wibble you could do that but might be hard to hold the connectors in place as you have no way to tighten them down. One of them might be a little short too.

DJI will be able to tell its been messed with as the original cables are all glued in place. You have to cut the glue to pull them out.

As far as cables I thought he said all the new ones shipping next week will have shorter cables?

@Wibble you could do that but might be hard to hold the connectors in place as you have no way to tighten them down. One of them might be a little short too.

DJI will be able to tell its been messed with as the original cables are all glued in place. You have to cut the glue to pull them out.

As far as cables I thought he said all the new ones shipping next week will have shorter cables?
Will the OEM antennas slide out ?

I am really interested in this MOD but am extremely nervous about damaging something. I upgraded to the HDMI module but this seems alot more advanced.

I left the cables on top and had no issues....

I cut one of the 2 pieces on each leg of the antennas and popped it rite out...

Getting good range.

My replacement controller which I have the DBS installed is a 300A however my normal controller is a 300B

It works fine with my P3A.

Like I said in another thread... itelite produces and packages the product.
They are responding to the complaint from the few people who have and they are going with shorter cables in this production run.
Not "everyone" is complaining or this thread would have a thousand posts...
I myself requested 4 to 6 inch length when we were designing this product but I don't always get what I want... someone in engineering made this call.
And don't be like that and call things "spoiled"... people will always find ways to make things a bit better and the same goes here
Can you get some shorter cables-- I will pay for them.

Sorry if these questions have been asked / answered before regarding DIY installation of the DBMODS ITELITE antenna for the P3 controller:

1. When you installed the new mini coax wire for the new antenna did you lace the coax under the controller's main board (as was the original) or did you just lay it on top without bothering to re-route it as the original cables were done? (Seems I saw a post somewhere where the coax was just laid on top of the main board and this seemed to work fine.

2.How did you remove the external folding antenna "blades".

This antenna is on B/O now but I plan on ordering one when they return to stock next week..

TIA for any input,

:harry

Hey guys, I only got 6000 feet with my DBS mod antenna then I started losing video and RC connection. I thought it was supposed to go double that distance, right?

New cables silver plated

Attachments

• 1442539212873.jpg
    1442539212873.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 313
  • 1442539235681.jpg
    1442539235681.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 370
  • 1442539252855.jpg
    1442539252855.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 380

Recent Posts