DBS Mods … itelite Phantom Menace ... mods and tips

Flytrex Core 2 Install... The Hard Way

Next Step in "voiding warranty" complete

Took the time while the bird was open to install the Flytrex Core 2 from the old bird.

I never did like the wiring harness that comes with the Flytrex... I understand it's geared toward easy install and the plug and play crowd but I always thought it's a lot of unnecessary wiring and also all that wiring is unshielded.

So my goal here was to get rid of all this excess crap...

TerGbZz.jpg

And also make a more finished looking mount for the Flytrex itself...
Bare PC board and Heat Shrink just doesn't cut it on a Vision Plus with all white, enclosed body panels.

I found this shell I had left over from a micro hex FPV camera... and whaddaya know... fits perfect

nk4mtfS.jpg

Then some stainless braid over the thin Flytrex wiring
PqsTPF4.jpg

Slap it all together and baam!!
Looks like it was made to order for the P2V+

eGfHBLY.jpg

Flip the bird upside down and use some Double Stick... Done... looks much better than an open PCB design...
npEarr8.jpg

Now look inside the battery compartment real good... the solder lugs on the bottom of the FC Board come right thru from the GPS plug... did some figuring on which wire goes where... cut down the braided cable to about 4 or 5 inches... and soldered direct.
2NmbyLu.jpg

Now I have significantly less wiring involved and what wiring I did use is shielded.

Micro SD Card access on the side of the case is convenient

NyQiTwe.jpg

And when all is said and done... I killed a lot of birds with this stone.
8fZfsHD.jpg

There you have it... my sickness... my OCD...

To take something that's specifically made to be easy and turn it into a pain in the ***... to make it mine. :ugeek:

Well thought out mods, very considerate of you to share your work with the members here. ;)

I think itelite needs to give a few antennas to some long range pilots to post up there reviews and results also get more people interested
Why would one go this route when there's proven results elsewhere ?
Itelite if your reading this get some of these into some phantom pilots hands and let the testing begin

Well thought out mods, very considerate of you to share your work with the members here. ;)

Thanks Skynet... I dunno if it's considerate... or just me being an attention hound :rolleyes:

I think itelite needs to give a few antennas to some long range pilots to post up there reviews and results also get more people interested
Itelite if your reading this get some of these into some phantom pilots hands and let the testing begin

This is just the beginning of something sir... there were only two prototypes of this antenna put together and I have both of them as I am their product tester... others haven't been given out yet because others haven't been shipped yet.

they do have a quantity of a dozen going out to selected Phantom Pilots who will post their results as the time comes... there's a contest on Facebook and high profile YouTube reviewers who will be posting as well.

The pre-orders we're done because there was a demand... and they are doing very well.

If you don't trust the whole situation then just lay back and let the first batch hit the ground and see what people have to say... like you said... there are others with proven results so no one needs to take this so seriously... it's just another range antenna.

order link is up - spend the $89.00 like many of us are right now......

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks Skynet... I dunno if it's considerate... or just me being an attention hound :rolleyes:

Maybe a bit of both, regardless it's all good, and very helpful. :)

order link is up - spend the $89.00 like many of us are right now......

That's what I'm sayin bro...

For the price it's a no brainer...

It's not being touted as a "world record setter" or anything...

It's just a good solid medium range antenna for a good price made by a reputable company.

And there are a few witnesses from right here on the forum who saw it happen to prove there was no trickery involved.

Anyway... there's plenty of choices out there for every type of pilot.

I've witnessed his mini-Itelite panel that day and did around more than 6600 feet at that time with foggy conditions and sub-optmal FPV preview settings. He had a test run recorded on youtube which showed more than 8600 feet without boosters or optimizing apps. For the price point, compact size that I can tuck away in my case, I think this is a viable option.

Well I must say I am very pleased with the itelite.i have gone 32,000 feet one way.i have also boosted it with 2.5 watt apps I know I can go even farther with this set up when weather permits.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl