DBS mod sticky problem

Reaction score
I am about to do the DBS mod. Just a quick question. How do you stick the rubber grips back on the controller afterwards? Or is the glue still sticky enough to just put it back after?
If that is the case what if I spread doing the mod over the next few days? Will they stick back on then?

it sticks back on, you can tell its not as strong but unless you plan on chewing on them, they stay on the controller just fine.

Reactions: dirkclod
if that were a problem, you would see lots of posts about the issue. you dont see any - except for yours. lots of people do this mod or the fpvlr and no one has the sticky problem. so either do the mod, or dont. but worry will get you no where.

Don't do it over a few days, just get it over and done with, it's really not that hard, take the grips off slowly and the glue will peel off with them/ you can peel off the glue after removing the grip of its still in the rc

if that were a problem, you would see lots of posts about the issue. you dont see any - except for yours. lots of people do this mod or the fpvlr and no one has the sticky problem. so either do the mod, or dont. but worry will get you no where.

They probably dont have the problem because they do the mod in one go.
My time is very limited so was hoping to spread it over a few evenings.

Get some double sided tape and cut it to size and it should be ok? Make sure you clean the rubber and the surface on the rc thoroughly before applying.

send the tx to DBS
mods and let them do the mod for you.
it will cost you some money but when you get it back it will be done right.

the adhesive should be ok.. Just don't expose them to lint or dust and keep them tacky side up..

I had this issue. The rubber grips would move when using the controller, it got really annoying. I bought a 2-part plastic epoxy from Home Depot and glued both back on. Works great, very solid and hasn't budged since.

Reactions: Scott7161
Wibble never had a problem putting them back on, they don't really lose the stickiness and go straight back on.

@Wibble Don't be worried, I've done the DBS Mod and taken my controller back apart 3-4 times and it still sticks real good...people here exaggerate to much, you'll be fine Bro...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20