DBS mod installed, am I missing something?

Reaction score
image.png image.png Hey all, recently I had my P3P controller sent into DBS mods for installation of the ite-dbs02. My controller made it back and everything looked perfectly.
The only problem is I still feel like I'm getting about the same range as stock. I honestly so not think anything is wrong with the mod, as I feel like I would get no range at all if something was disconnected. I am just starting to believe this is user error. Maybe I'm not going high enough? Anyways, here's a couple screenshots of my last couple flights. Both times I had to turn around due to weak signal. I noticed the HD signal was always the first to go. Normally on my flights the video will freeze for a couple seconds, I just let the drone sit in place and it normally comes back though.
Any tips or suggestions would be great!

Are there things in that area strong enough to cause interference such as cell towers etc? Was the weak signal for the controller or the screen? I know you're flying over the water but I've not had any experience with this mod and this is the only thing I can provide. It might be useful though for you to detail things such as the height you were at etc so that anyone looking at this thread will be able to help you quicker instead of asking all of these kinds of questions.

The new antenna should improve signal over the original in all situations, at least that's the idea. Maybe not by as much as a boosted (powered) one, I acknowledge. But I've purchased the iteDBS02 in hopes to get better and stronger signal in same conditions compared to the stock. Otherwise I'd keep it original and save the money (or go powered).

Are there things in that area strong enough to cause interference such as cell towers etc? Was the weak signal for the controller or the screen? I know you're flying over the water but I've not had any experience with this mod and this is the only thing I can provide. It might be useful though for you to detail things such as the height you were at etc so that anyone looking at this thread will be able to help you quicker instead of asking all of these kinds of questions.

Sorry, I thought the images I attached might have had a bough information. I'll probably do another flight today and really test the capabilities at different altitudes.
But there is a giant bridge across the river that I am flying over, probably 3 miles away though. Along with a railroad bridge under that. I wouldn't think they would cause much interference though.
Maybe I really just need to fly higher to get the most out of this mod.

Sorry, I thought the images I attached might have had a bough information. I'll probably do another flight today and really test the capabilities at different altitudes.
But there is a giant bridge across the river that I am flying over, probably 3 miles away though. Along with a railroad bridge under that. I wouldn't think they would cause much interference though.
Maybe I really just need to fly higher to get the most out of this mod.

The bridge could cause issues. It's said that if you have obstacles in the way then it can of course obstruct the signal and cause interference. Maybe try the same kind of flight but keep away from the bridge or increase the height if you're able to do so at that location.

image.png
The bridge could cause issues. It's said that if you have obstacles in the way then it can of course obstruct the signal and cause interference. Maybe try the same kind of flight but keep away from the bridge or increase the height if you're able to do so at that location.

Honestly, the bridge is a really good distance away. I really doubt it is that. I think I'm just not going high enough to get the full signal from the mod. Here's another picture showing how far away north the bridge is from me.

Make sure your HD feed is set to the lowest setting. I believe it is 4mb. Sounds like that is what is going out on you first, and if your setting is high, this would/could cause it to be cutting out early. Check and see...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Make sure your HD feed is set to the lowest setting. I believe it is 4mb. Sounds like that is what is going out on you first and if your setting I'd high, this is why it's cutting out. Check and see...

That honestly sounds like it could fix a big issue. How would I go about changing that? Do I need to do it in both the Dji Go app and the Litchi app?

In Go app - with bird CONNECTED, click on the HD button/gauge at the top, under your channels will be Image Transmission Quality (if it's not there your bird is not connected), slide the slider all the way to the left (4Mbps).
Litchi - Bird connected, in settings under camera, preview quality. Make sure it is set to 4Mpbs as well. Not sure if it carries over from Go app.
Let us know if this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: adamcor
In Go app - with bird CONNECTED, click on the HD button/gauge at the top, under your channels will be Image Transmission Quality (if it's not there your bird is not connected), slide the slider all the way to the left (4Mbps).
Litchi - Bird connected, in settings under camera, preview quality. Make sure it is set to 4Mpbs as well. Not sure if it ca4rys over from Go app.
Let us know if this helps.

Thank you so much for that. I'm sure it will help a lot. I will also update after my next flight.

Groton, CT????...if so i have problems with over by the gold star bridge..even tho im not close to it

Looks like eastern point?..that whole area gives me issues..

Looks like eastern point?..that whole area gives me issues..

Nice going haha yup I normally fly at Eastern. I plan on going to misquamicut tomorrow to test out the mod!
But that's a relief to hear it's not just me having problems around this area.

Did get a chance to see where your HD setting was at? I am curious. I have the same mod and love it. It helped me a bunch in a heavily congested wifi area. I should get the Maxx in the mail tomorrow and can't wait!

Did get a chance to see where your HD setting was at? I am curious. I have the same mod and love it. It helped me a bunch in a heavily congested wifi area. I should get the Maxx in the mail tomorrow and can't wait!

I haven't had a chance to test it yet unfortunately. Definitely tomorrow.
This is the first I'm hearing of the Maxx mod? Could you explain the advantage of it if possible?

Nice going haha yup I normally fly at Eastern. I plan on going to misquamicut tomorrow to test out the mod!
But that's a relief to hear it's not just me having problems around this area.
I stopped flying over there in that area..check out rocky neck park in niantic..down by the pavilion. .theres a perfect spot to set up and launch...fly out to the little island...this is one of the best spots ive found for testing and a frequent spot since i work down the road...try it out over there

Did u check how far u went before mod and after mod at the same location?

I honestly never tried to see the maximum distance before I acquired this DBS mod. I was always too nervous it would cut off on me haha.

I stopped flying over there in that area..check out rocky neck park in niantic..down by the pavilion. .theres a perfect spot to set up and launch...fly out to the little island...this is one of the best spots ive found for testing and a frequent spot since i work down the road...try it out over there

I'm definitely going to have to check that out. I've been dying to climb lantern hill and take off from the top.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav