Dbs mod install

Reaction score
I've recently installed a dbs mod to my p3A, I used some connectors from Dynamic 3D Solutions to allow me to install without drilling,

I have noticed though that due to the holes being at the top and closer to the antenna I have installed with the antenna the other way around,

My question is,

Does reversing port 1 and 2 make any difference?

My max range so far although I did see a mobile phone mast literally 20feet away when I returned I would still say that the range is not what id expect from the mod ? Perfect conditions apart from that f### mast!

Attachments

• 1452020211568.jpg
    1452020211568.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 648
  • 1452021014427.jpg
    1452021014427.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 583
Reversing the ports should not make a difference. Are you aiming the antenna correctly? The antenna should be pointed straight out , perpendicular to the ground and be aimed in the direction of the phantom . Use the radar to make sure you are aiming correctly. And you need a clear line of sight and the higher you phantom is the further you can fly. Good luck I hope that helps

Thanks, yes I only just noticed the radar,really helps but I'm still not able to beat the distance shown. Such a shame that even after Modding in getting such bad results

Could the bird antennas be faulty?

It looks like your in a good location to fly with no interference. You should be easily getting 3 or 4 miles . You only problem should be the battery . With my dbs I get well over 4.5 miles from my backyard and it's not the best place to fly . You could have a bad jumper cable . I doubt there's anything wrong with the bird side antennas. Try cleaning and double checking all your connections .

Also are you using the 32 channel hack ? Also I get better range with the litchi app . Litchi has 31 channels with auto select .

I also use thicker cables and amps. The amps I added after the battery mod because I was able to fly longer I wanted to go further .

Attachments

• 1452087285995.jpg
    1452087285995.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 385
I guess the cables should be the 1st thing to replace? I was having range issues before I modded maybe I should have waited. ...

Such a shame as it's turning out to be a rather underwhelming experience so far. .

Reactions: LWC1496
I've seen all types of cables mentioned here xxg sma blah blah lol

Which would you recommend?

Reversing the ports should not make a difference. Are you aiming the antenna correctly? The antenna should be pointed straight out , perpendicular to the ground and be aimed in the direction of the phantom . Use the radar to make sure you are aiming correctly. And you need a clear line of sight and the higher you phantom is the further you can fly. Good luck I hope that helps

I sent my RC in to DBS for them to upgrade. Should be getting it back on Friday. Glad I came across you post. I wondered about the best antenna orientation with this mod. So to confirm, point it straight forward, not on a slight angle to the sky?

Tbh I'm finding that any trees etc in the way (even that you can't see) sucks up signal and reduces range. Just can't get the range I'm expecting

I sent my RC in to DBS for them to upgrade. Should be getting it back on Friday. Glad I came across you post. I wondered about the best antenna orientation with this mod. So to confirm, point it straight forward, not on a slight angle to the sky?
Yeah pretty much straightforward when you're flying long distance by the time your 2 miles out at 200 feet high it's almost street level anyway

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
Yes fog can reduce your signal. Water is a signal killer . Leaves on trees are made up mostly of water as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj