DBS Mod help

Reaction score
I just got finished with (or thought I did) the installation for the ITELITE antenna from DBS. I mistakenly powered up the RC without the antenna fully connected. When it came on I got a flashing red light followed by the beep. After realizing what I did I immediately powered down the RC.

When I connected the antenna I'm still getting the same indicator. Does anyone know if I completely ruined this thing? Should I be looking for another issue?

Thx

Great! (Sarcastic). Did the mod. Followed instructions to a T. BOTH shorter cables are to short. One, 1 1/2 and one 2 1/2 " short. Arrrgh!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Some pics of install. Thanks. Will I change the resistance if I splice in length from the original antenna wiring?

Looks like you were able to complete the mod even though the csbles were too short . The longest cable goes to the 5.8 ghz connection and the 2 shorter cables are for the 2.4 ghz wifi module connection . Have you had a chance to test it out ? Good luck and safe flying! !

It looks to me like the kit that came with your antenna is for the p2 vision +. It uses shorter cables because the wifi repeater is separate from the main rc controller. Are you sure you ordered the correct antenna from dbsmods.com?

Reactions: dirkclod
I just looked on the dbsmods.com website and it's the same kit for both the p2v+ and the phantom 3 standard . I would email chuck at [email protected] and tell him that your ufl cables are too short. They appear to be the old ufl cables that Originally came with the p2v+ kit. He will hopefully send you a couple out. If not there's a bunch of sellers in ebay that will have the cables you need.

Can I splice and solder with shrink tube using the original wires? I can't fly with broken wings[emoji22]

Can I splice and solder with shrink tube using the original wires? I can't fly with broken wings[emoji22]
I suppose you could but I won't recommend that. There's several places you can order the right length ufl cables. Such as fpvlr.com, horizonfpv , ebay , amazon . You could probably get those 3 dollar cables in 2 or 3 days if ordered right now . I believe that would be much easier and reliable fix. Did you ever figure why you were sent the wrong cables ?

I did send an email to DBS. Also cut, trimmed and soldered the wires. My Gosh! The actual wire inside is as thick as a hair on my head! Will test for reception later tonight. I'm hoping for free cables from DBS. After all, I did pay already. Otherwise I'll buy them.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I did send an email to DBS. Also cut, trimmed and soldered the wires. My Gosh! The actual wire inside is as thick as a hair on my head! Will test for reception later tonight. I'm hoping for free cables from DBS. After all, I did pay already. Otherwise I'll buy them.
Cool. Hopefully it work at least temporary. Chuck will make it right and send you some cables. I'm impressed you were able to solder the 2 together like that . Those wires are freaking thin. Happy safe flying !!

If you don't get a response in the next couple of days let me know and I'll send you what you need.

Attachments

• 1452475820382.jpg
    1452475820382.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 293
I just looked on the dbsmods.com website and it's the same kit for both the p2v+ and the phantom 3 standard . I would email chuck at [email protected] and tell him that your ufl cables are too short. They appear to be the old ufl cables that Originally came with the p2v+ kit. He will hopefully send you a couple out. If not there's a bunch of sellers in ebay that will have the cables you need.

Maybe he ordered this kit ITELITE DBS Phantom ITE-DBS01 for Phantom 2 Vision and Vision Plus

Instead of this kit ITE-DBS01 STANDARD for Phantom 3 Standard

You are correct! I ordered from ITE, not through DBS. I have since ordered new cables and installed. If the weather will warm a bit (Chicago area) I'll take her up for a test.
Ty phantom13 for the offer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl