DBS Mod first results

Reaction score
IMG_5028.JPG
Here is a collage of two flights from my deck toward the lake. Before DBS last week the app disconnected and I lost video (two attempts). Had RC. Issued RTH command via RC both times. After DBS today I flew out till I got worried about the battery getting me home (windy). 12,103 ft. (no obstructions). Signal was still real strong when I turned back. Landed with 37% battery.

Reactions: Matts175 and angus
Excellent! I haven't tried my P3S for really long distance but the DBS mod definitely increased my range.

Not really in this case. Here is the video. I sped it up so the yaw motions are more jerky than usual. I need to work on that.

Thats awesome, ive only managed to get 6144 ft so far

How did you managae to 1200 ft?

Im really interested

How did you managae to 1200 ft?

Im really interested
I got out to 14,000 ft on a later run. I added the DBS Itelite antenna to my RC. It's a wide open unobstructed view out over the lake

i have dbs my maximum is 6144ft lol
I've not tried it anywhere else yet. Could be that my situation is optimum in almost every way. I have no houses near mine so my controller won't get much interference (I should try turning off my own router to see if I get further ;) ) It is well above any houses on the way to the lake and then it's over open water. No line of site obstructions whatsoever.

I should mention that the video downlink gets choppy if I try to do pans. This makes it hard to get smooth pans because I can't see exactly what I'm getting. I don't know if hardware Acceleration setting has anything to do with it.

Reactions: Dazzauk
do you notice at all you pahntom drifts ever so slightly after letting oof the forward stick?

After watching your video i notices a couple of times it looked like you bird was moving on its own to the left, only ever so slightly but mine also seems to do this at a big distance from me

do you notice at all you pahntom drifts ever so slightly after letting oof the forward stick?

After watching your video i notices a couple of times it looked like you bird was moving on its own to the left, only ever so slightly but mine also seems to do this at a big distance from me
Not sure where in which video. But I'll have to look the next time I launch it. Bear in mind that I think there was a pretty good breeze on those long flights. Also I've noticed myself accidentally applying side pressure on the stick at times.

Reactions: Dazzauk
I got out to 14,000 ft on a later run. I added the DBS Itelite antenna to my RC. It's a wide open unobstructed view out over the lake
Very, very good. I've made it to over 16000' once, but that's with amps too. Going over a big lake has to help a lot. What FW are you on?

Very, very good. I've made it to over 16000' once, but that's with amps too. Going over a big lake has to help a lot. What FW are you on?
I think it's 1.5.70 or somesuch. I did a downgrade to a recommended good version A little while ago .

Good work. I've only gone 6400 DBS and boosters. I had max bars still. Any further and I'm in a national forest which I avoid.

I think it's 1.5.70 or somesuch. I did a downgrade to a recommended good version A little while ago .
That was a good FW 1.5.7, wish I stayed there.

Not really in this case. Here is the video. I sped it up so the yaw motions are more jerky than usual. I need to work on that.

Nice job that was a nice flight. Great song for the video too. I'm curious as to what software did you use to edit and add the music?

Nice job that was a nice flight. Great song for the video too. I'm curious as to what software did you use to edit and add the music?
Thanks.

My editing right now is painful. I used final cut express on an early 2008 Mac. Everything needs to be rendered and adds a lot of wait time even for these short vids. And also takes time to encode while writing the file.

Folks, here is a short video from one of my RTH on one of my long DBS test flights. I really like how this came out. The music helps the mesmerizing mood. :)

Reactions: Keeney101
I just installed the DBS on my P3S and had great results! Initially I topped out at about 6500 ft but once I increased my altitude from 250 ft to 400 ft I was able to keep going out to 9150 ft! Super cool mod, 2 thumbs up!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr