Dbs mod did work!

Sorry to post again here... So we're you guys still able to double your range in high wifi areas? Also I noticed you drilled and ran them out the back? I don't know how accurate this is, but DBS does theirs out the front and others said because you don't want tight bends in the cable, any opinions on this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I used it first at my house in a high wifi area and got 2,400. And it's honestly up to u how u mount it my cords aren't bent and strained at all. I know some people take the box it came in and use the cardboard as a template.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used it first at my house in a high wifi area and got 2,400. And it's honestly up to u how u mount it my cords aren't bent and strained at all. I know some people take the box it came in and use the cardboard as a template.

Yeah that's how I was going to do it strictly because of that's how DBS did it in his instructions videos.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Which Mobile Device Holder Is This? Thanks!

Ok I just got the dbs mod done on my P3S. I went out to fly it and only got around 2,000 feet. I'm pretty sure I did everything write however I will include pictures. I live in WV so we do have a lot of mountains and I live in a valley between a few of the mountains however where I was flying was clear and no trees around.

109ac27f1eb412ad52389ad5e7029cbd.jpg

ba0c53bd036429e1f63b4fd74b608846.jpg

44e765037dfa8c35f58276738867e2a1.jpg
b5e8d694a60936814b9cb9a0a0964edb.jpg

All I have done on my p3s, is put 2 external antennas on my transmitter. They are little 8db I pulled off an old router. Stock 5ghz antenna with a tinfoil windsurfer. I'm getting on average a little over 2 miles with my furthest flight being 3.03 miles (16047 feet).

Inspire 1. Pretty easy mod. Plus it's metal!

Thanks!!! Last question - Can you tell me the minimum size when it's collapsed? I have read everywhere about the max being 170MM which will be great for my Samsung Tab 2 70 -- but i cannot find the minimum specs anywhere. I just want to make sure my OnePlusOne will be snug as well :) Thanks for your help!

All I have done on my p3s, is put 2 external antennas on my transmitter. They are little 8db I pulled off an old router. Stock 5ghz antenna with a tinfoil windsurfer. I'm getting on average a little over 2 miles with my furthest flight being 3.03 miles (16047 feet).

Pics?

May sound like a stupid question, but does the DBS Mods kit come with all cables (i.e. antenna to controller) or do i need to get those separately? I ask because all of the product photos videos I've seen only show the connector/cable from Port 1-3 to the drill point on controller case. Thanks!

May sound like a stupid question, but does the DBS Mods kit come with all cables (i.e. antenna to controller) or do i need to get those separately? Thanks!
Comes with everything you need. Just need a drill bit. Glue gun. Screwdrivers. And exacto knife.

Comes with everything you need. Just need a drill bit. Glue gun. Screwdrivers. And exacto knife.

Excellent! Thank you, looks like I'm good to go. Mounting Bracket and the Mod will be a great Saturday project, and looks like it sets me up exactly the way I want. I've only used the Windsurfer once, and really can't say if it increased the range because I've never really run a Max Range test.

However, my first real flight was with Litchi and the Windsurfer with the furthest point aprox 1500ft from me, and a total of 1.8 miles flown. Never even got a hint of a signal issue, but I think it's a no-brainer to make this mod for more piece of mind, even if you rarely push the envelope it provides.

Just completed the install of my DBS, instead of creating a thread thought I would share here since we were talking about it before. I ended drilling in the front of the RC. Should be able to fly tomorrow, but everything powered and connected successfully.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 299
Just completed the install of my DBS, instead of creating a thread thought I would share here since we were talking about it before. I ended drilling in the front of the RC. Should be able to fly tomorrow, but everything powered and connected successfully.
Looks good you should like it. I flew 7,400 feet my first flight after installing my dbs mod. I still had full signals and got a little nervous and brought it home. It works awesume.

Looks good you should like it. I flew 7,400 feet my first flight after installing my dbs mod. I still had full signals and got a little nervous and brought it home. It works awesume.

That's awesome! I live in a very populated area outside of St. Louis, but I'm hoping it increases distance in areas where I'm getting max distance of 1,500 - 1,700 ft!

Shipment from DBS Mods arrived today - Inspire 1 holder arrives tomorrow. Sunday will be a fun day -- Leo Laporte, BBQ, and working on my Mod :D

Reactions: MasterBlaster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20