DBS Mod Before and After

View attachment 59868 View attachment 59868 View attachment 59868

Hey buddy,
I grew up in that area and just took my P3A for a flight there. I do have the MaxxRange but easily got 8k' in the same area, going 160' up at the highest. Could have easily gone much further but the wind was strong coming back so I returned.
You should be getting much more with the the small panel.

I have a standard, not advanced, so I would assume were going to have different numbers. But I'll have to back there and fly again for a test!

Last edited:
Ok, so I was able to get out and test my DBS antenna since the wind finally calmed down. I tested in a field that is surrounded by houses (so I saw a lot of "strong interference detected" during this flight) that I have previously flown in. I managed to double my distance although I think if I would have flown at a higher altitude I could have went further out. I attached a picture below before and after the DBS Mod of the flight record. Just though I would share my results!

Currently:
Firmware: 1.6.8
DJI Go Version: 2.8.3

You got 2150 feet in an area like that I think you did well. In an area open with no wifi to deal with and a nice long run at 350-400 feet you will get close to 5000 feet if you hold the transmitter justr right. At least that was my experience with the Dbs mod on my standard. As you know you can not compare the range an advances will get. If you were on a very early firmware I think you would get much more, In Nov 15 I went from 2000 feet to 1100-1250 if I was lucky without the Dbs Mod. I installed mine, not really for more range, but better connectivity.

I have a standard, not advanced, so I would assume were going to have different numbers. But I'll have to back there and fly again for a test!

I didn't realize you had the S - was excited seeing Dardenne Prairie as the place then realized you flew just 2 minutes from where I grew up.

Reactions: telescott
You got 2150 feet in an area like that I think you did well. In an area open with no wifi to deal with and a nice long run at 350-400 feet you will get close to 5000 feet if you hold the transmitter justr right. At least that was my experience with the Dbs mod on my standard. As you know you can not compare the range an advances will get. If you were on a very early firmware I think you would get much more, In Nov 15 I went from 2000 feet to 1100-1250 if I was lucky without the Dbs Mod. I installed mine, not really for more range, but better connectivity.

Yeah for sure, I've had no issues with range since this day. I've had good results in parks, etc!

I didn't realize you had the S - was excited seeing Dardenne Prairie as the place then realized you flew just 2 minutes from where I grew up.

Small world, haha! I live right down the road from that field right by the intersection of henning road and McCluer.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: D'sAdvanced

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20