DBS Mod and Sunhans Boosters

Ahh...An argument from incredulity.

Such that if you don't understand or believe it, then it can't be 'true'.

I'm to busy to provide you links to DJI's published Lightbridge specifications.

Ahh...An argument from incredulity.

Such that if you don't understand or believe it, then it can't be 'true'.

I'm to busy to provide you links to DJI's published Lightbridge specifications.
Really? You have seen a document from DJI? That would be very interesting. If you find time I'm sincerely interested. I've very curious about more detail about Lightbridge.

I doubt that. ODRM and MIMO requires multiple antennas for each link to increase connection reliability, according to this paper. It states:

The technology requires multiple antennas at both ends of the wireless link and realizes capacity gains (denoted as spatial multiplexing gain) by sending independent data streams from different antennas.

The DJI controller has only two antennas, one dedicated to the control of the craft and the other one to the video downlink of the craft, and both antennas are using different frequencies of the 2.4Ghz band. You can confirm that by slipping a metal can over each antenna, separately, and see what happens. Covering one will remove the video link, covering the other will initiate RTH.

This doesn't add up to ODRM and MIMO being utilized in P3P.

I read and saw a test on YouTube where the DJi controller antennas are not as you describe. One antenna is for send and the other is for receive. Both RC control and the video feed uses the same base 2.4 frequency so this makes sense. The tester had an Immersion RC tester he put up to each antenna. He's here on the forums and goes by the name of Lars.

I read and saw a test on YouTube where the DJi controller antennas are not as you describe. One antenna is for send and the other is for receive. Both RC control and the video feed uses the same base 2.4 frequency so this makes sense. The tester had an Immersion RC tester he put up to each antenna. He's here on the forums and goes by the name of Lars.

I think this question was answered a few posts back.
The test proved only one is sending. But it still remains plausible that both can be receiving, satisfying the mimo requirement. (One radio is bidirectional and one is receive only) . and DJI did describe the Lightbridge system as functioning that way early on.

Did this hop using the extenders in the photo... they got warped by being in a hot car for too long... need a good recommendation/link on a battery mod for longer range/endurance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-08-25 05.02.18.png
    Screenshot 2016-08-25 05.02.18.png
    467.4 KB · Views: 224
Here's another longer range flight using the same janky range extenders... the Itelite DBS Extender ITE-DBS-MR01.2W MaxxRange 14dBi is on order... but that doesn't solve my endurance problem. Any thoughts?

Here's another longer range flight using the same janky range extenders... the Itelite DBS Extender ITE-DBS-MR01.2W MaxxRange 14dBi is on order... but that doesn't solve my endurance problem. Any thoughts?
You have only to read the dual battery mod thread or the horizon plug and play battery mod thread to get all the information to make an informed decision about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20