Dbs just so much better than fpvlr.

Reaction score
Did some testing between the dbs, dbs maxx range, and fpvlr. All unboosted.

The dbs smokes the fpvlr, the maxxrange burns it. Tested both in the open over water and congested areas.

Where the fpvlr starts loosing signal, even the standard dbs remains rock solid.

So dont fall for fpvlr and his fake comrades posting here. Not to mention his LP style management of groups.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    551.4 KB · Views: 602
Oh really ..
da girls.jpg I like them also and have used FPVLR's and still do his dipoles on my Standard .
Now this is just my preference .You want to see some real test comparing them you need to read some of dirtybum's threads on that .
Now Tony and I have our issues from here but I do not think it's fair to say anyone using Tony's stuff is his comrade .

OP - you didn't mention your bird side antennas. So I assume they're stock which means they're linear.

For a fair comparison, you really need matching polarity, which means you'd need CP antennas on the bird since FPVLR uses CP on control.

Correct, birdside is stock. Birdside mod would improve video transmission, but not RC. And thats what I loose as well with fpvlr.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to defend FPVLR. And I think most people would agree with what you say in your thread title. But the things you say in the thread are not correct.

You said, "Birdside mod would improve video transmission, but not RC."

This is not correct.

If your bird side antenna polarity matches the polarity of your control antenna, you will have a better connection. It doesn't make sense to exclude "RC."

Correct, birdside is stock. Birdside mod would improve video transmission, but not RC. And thats what I loose as well with fpvlr.
Yes it will if you add the stage 3 from Tony.
Been there .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Ha, you get kicked out of his group too? Don't dare post anything about other antennas that's for sure.

Did some testing between the dbs, dbs maxx range, and fpvlr. All unboosted.

The dbs smokes the fpvlr, the maxxrange burns it. Tested both in the open over water and congested areas.

Where the fpvlr starts loosing signal, even the standard dbs remains rock solid.

So dont fall for fpvlr and his fake comrades posting here. Not to mention his LP style management of groups.

OP - If you want to compare two antenna systems - it's unreasonable to handicap one of them by forcing it to use unmatched polarity.

Ha, you get kicked out of his group too? Don't dare post anything about other antennas that's for sure.
Who's group are you referring to ?

Everyone who gets given a free patch antenna has to criticize FPVLR nowadays just because they don't give away free stuff since they build them by hand...not fair!
with such huge panels of course.... look at 10.04 miles with FPVLR advanced kit
how is the signal there at 10 miles?

Well, they are totally different antennas, which comparing them, the Maxxrange is getting better penetration for me than the FPVLR gets. Sure I can fly forever over open water with the FPVLR and it is still a great antenna but comparing the two for performance, the Maxxrange has been better for me. Regardless of design/size.

Who are you "new member" who's just signed up today? ;)

Is my identity so important?
I am someone who does not like the kind of disrespect and mobbing that's being done against this company on this forum. It's just a matter of fairness. People who buy FPVLR don't get it to go 10 miles even if they can do so, they get it for ease of aiming and penetration
I don't know anything about the disrespect/mobbing that you speak of. Myself, and the other guys with the farthest distance have never bashed FPVLR and I've never seen a post on it. Maybe on the bird-side antennas there was some bad blood but not the FPVLR. And I bought FPVLR because I wanted to go as far as possible ;). Just sayin' you seem to be protecting a corporate image. It's obvious you are someone "in the know" who just setup an account to defend FPVLR.

Hi, when things are said, someone should be there so people can listen to the other side, don't you believe that? Isn't it too easy to bash someone or a company without that company being give the ability to speak and defend itself?

Surely! I'm not here to debate which is better. It doesn't matter. All I am saying is what worked for me. I honestly responded because you linked my video and I even mentioned I went even farther than the 7mi flight you linked with FPVLR. I'm not interested in debating. I know what works for me. I don't argue about these things, or which cell phone carrier is better, Apple vs PC, Fios vs Comcast... It's all irrelevant. So go ahead and stick up for FPVLR. I have no issues with them.

Looks like they aren't doing too bad if they can go 10 miles and still have nearly 100% signal.
You probably have a damaged unit and Tony can replace it easily.
You flying a Standard RK ?

Hi, when things are said, someone should be there so people can listen to the other side, don't you believe that? Isn't it too easy to bash someone or a company without that company being given the ability to speak and defend itself?

Also, I have never deleted Tony's comments plugging FPVLR on all of my videos...Just sayin' :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1